Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fun in San Diego

Friday Rachel and I went down to San Diego with my parents and Julianna. My cousin, Brett, was getting married the next morning, so we stayed the night before at a hotel. It also happened that BYU was playing SDSU in a series that weekend. Another cousin, Blake, pitches for the Cougars and pitched the game on Friday night. So we all went to watch him play. It ended up being a really fun night.
SDSU has an Olympic pitcher on their team, so we didn't too hot in the beginning, but they had to take him out in the 6th inning, so we got a couple runs in and ended up with the win. Blake pitched until the 8th inning and had a great game!! I love college baseball for so many reasons: the stadiums are smaller, so you have great seats, it's a great game (usually) and the price is just right!
Rachel did great, even though the game was past her bedtime. She loved it when everyone cheered and would join right in the noise-making.

The next morning, we went to the sealing at the San Diego Temple. It was a nice sealing and they are a cute couple. It was so fun spending the day with my parents and sister. The reception was in the afternoon on Coronado Island. We had a chance to visit with family too. The only downside was the loooong drive home. Rachel was really sick of her carseat. I stopped at my parents to feed her and then we went home to our house.

Jim had taken care of the big girls while I was gone. They had a great time playing with their dad and he had fun being on the job 24 hours a day for a couple days!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Really? Jim had fun being on the job 24 hours a day? I'm impressed! ;) Looks like you had a nice time. I'm glad you could go to the wedding AND the baseball game. i hope you weren't too sore the whole time. I will call you tomorrow to hear the details. Love you!

Anonymous said...

It was so fun. I miss you already and especially Rachel ;-) Give Lizzie and Mimi and big hug from me!!

jilljohnson said...

Looks like a great time. I love baseball too. We have a few minor league teams around here so we like to go to those games.

Tasha said...

So fun!!! I loved getting to see you and hang out all weekend. I sure am glad you got to come :)

sara said...

I'm so jealous you were there!!! I'm glad you had a fun time. Rachel is SO cute in that picture with you!