Saturday, March 7, 2009

Speedway

Jim took the girls to Home Depot this morning for their Kids' Workshop. The first Saturday of the month they have a project for kids. They usually get to work with tools and put something together. They get an orange apron and a pin with a picture of the project on it. The best part is that it's all FREE!!! Lizzie had gone twice before with her Daddy, and already has an orange apron with a couple pins. Miriam couldn't wait to get her own apron to wear. The projects are geared for kids ages 5-12, so ours are still a little young. Jim ends up building two projects and trying not to let the girls wreck it while they help him. ;)
This morning they made a mini speedway. They put together a little track and two cars. Jim wisely didn't let the girls paint their cars. So they colored them with markers when they got home. The girls had a good time and have loved having races with each other and their imaginary friends. You gotta love sibling rivalry, I mean, love.



**To be fair, the opposite happened at the next race and Miriam rubbed it in Lizzie's face. We're all just one big happy family here at the Henshaws!

5 comments:

Gwen said...

I took my cubscouts to home depot yesterday to make the same things. The whole time I kept thinking that my kids would LOVE it. So next month I think we will give it a try!

Shannon said...

Too adorable. I love Mimi's frousy blond hair. She looks so stinkin happy to be wearing that apron and racing cars. I'm positive that Weston will be jealous of the girls' speedways when he watches the video tomorrow.

vdhfamtng said...

those projects are so great. Nathan and Tim have gone to several at Lowe's and Jonathan finally got to do one too. It's great to see girls trying to build things too. Glad they had so much fun!

vdhfamtng said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tasha said...

We do this too. My boys would have been in heaven getting to make this speedway. We didn't got this month. . . I am sad now.