Friday, March 27, 2009

Pajama Day!!!

Today was pajama day at Lizzie's school. I decided that Lizzie needed something new to wear since I didn't want any of her PJs on the playground for various reasons. But you can't buy only one child a new night gown...even when the other child has a bizillion nightgowns. Oh well, it's all they ever want to wear anyway. So the girls chose princess nightgowns (thank you Walmart) to wear today. And since I'm lazy, I let Rachel also stay in her PJs. (You're all just lucky I got dressed. Really, any excuse to stay in jammies will work for me!)




Lizzie has decided that she doesn't like her bangs anymore. After numerous fights, power struggles and arguments about trimming them or even brushing them, I've decided that I don't like her bangs either. So we're starting the painful process of growing out bangs. But really, if this is alternative that I have chosen, you can understand how unfun it was to deal with her, I mean, them. Whatever. She was pleased with the result of her hair this morning and so was I, so there you go.

7 comments:

Olson Family said...

soo cute!! I am also in the painfull process of growing out bangs... ugh so annoying. Good Luck Lizzie. P.S. Joy there is no shame in a pajama day every now and then. :)

Jamie Jo said...

Adorable! I remember growing our my bangs when i was about Lizzy's age. For some reason, I thought "growing them out" meant they would just fall out of my head. My mom laughed so hard when I told her my idea!

lindsey said...

So, this is like the most adorable thing ever!

I wish that I could wear my PJ's to school! :)

Tasha said...

What a fun day!! I personally love pajama days too :) I love the nightgowns the girls picked out too.

Amy said...

I loved pajama day when I was a teacher! And good choice growing out the bangs now. I spent years wishing I could grow mine out but being too afraid to do it. I love that they are basically gone. She will certainly appreciate it later!

Shannon said...

Woohoo for pajama day! Their new nightgowns are really cute. I like the ruffly sleeve. Also, I really think Lizzie's hair looks great without her bangs. She looks even more grown up. You have such beautiful girls. Thanks for the pictures!

The Curnow Family said...

Oh my goodness Rachel is getting so big! I love Lizzies hair! I think it's looking cute and makes her look so grown up! I had no idea you got your wisdom teeth out! I need to do mine! I want to do a PJ Day!! Looks like so much fun!