Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Older, but not wiser

Today I had my wisdom teeth removed. I should have done this years ago, but have been too lazy. They finally started bothering me, so I bit the bullet and did it. So far, it hasn't been too bad. I'm sore and my jaw aches....I also have gaping holes in my gums--weird. It turns out that I only have three wisdom teeth, so that saved me some money and a little pain. My jaw doesn't hurt as much on the side that only had one. I owe a big thanks to Klarissa for watching my kids during the surgery and to Charlotte, who was my designated driver and then stayed the rest of the afternoon to help until Jim got home. And now I'm off to go eat some more jello!

9 comments:

vdhfamtng said...

Hey! You know what? I still have my wisdom teeth. They came in more then 10 years ago while I still had braces. But they don't seem to have ever messed up my teeth and they don't bother me at all. I'll have to consult w/ my dentist when we have insurance that actually covers dental. Hope your mouth feels better soon!

Olsen's 7 said...

Lucky :) :) :)(but not about the wisdom teeth pulled...I remember that when I was in high school...not fun) You got my Mom all to yourself for the day :)

jilljohnson said...

Ouch, I can still remember when I got my wisdom teeth out. They were all impacted so they had to cut all 4 out.

Tasha said...

No fun!! I am glad you have good friends that helped you out. Good luck with recovery.

Anonymous said...

How are you feeling today?

Olson Family said...

o0o0 i hated getting my wisdom teeth out. but i had a quick recovery, I hope you do too! see ya tomorrow!!

Kim said...

I hope your still feeling well. That is quite the surgery to have with three little ones.

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Oh man, I'm glad you are feeling well. I remember those days - they weren't very fun!! I can't imagine doing it with 3 kids to take care of as well. You are super mom!

sara said...

I had such a terrible experience getting my wisdom teeth out. It hurts just thinking about it and it happened about 10 years ago. I'm glad you have had a quick recovery and that you have such nice friends who helped you out! :)