Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Aaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm surprised we went as long as we did without it. This afternoon, during Rachel's nap, I read the girls a book on my bed. I, of course, fell asleep. The girls rested with me for awhile and then got down to play. When I got up, I went out front and found a piece of hair on the ground and the safety scissors on the table. I wanted to scream!!!

I found Miriam and the short pieces that she had cut off. Luckily, it's not too noticeable. I haven't decided if I will trim it up yet or not. After she sat on her bed, I was discussing why we don't cut our hair and the only people allowed to cut her hair, etc. Then she told me that Lizzie did it too. Sure enough, there are small chunks out of Lizzie's hair too. I was so mad, I couldn't even decide on a consequence deserving enough.

Through the rest of the afternoon, I also found that the glue stick had been out and used; not only on paper, but also the dining room chair. *Sigh* They also tried to turn on a movie by themselves and get out a few other things they know they can't do by themselves. I've decided they have lost all art supply privileges for a week.
Yes, it could be so much worse, and I know that. I think I am more mad that they disobeyed so many rules today. It's going to be a looong summer. In other news, Rachel had "Best Daughter" in the bag....until she ripped a page out of a book. *Sigh* No "Best Daughter" today. When is Daddy coming home?

***I was just rereading this post this morning. The pictures made me laugh. When I called each girl in to take their picture, their first reaction was a smile when they saw the camera, but when I said, "Turn around," their head dropped. They knew they were still busted.

6 comments:

jilljohnson said...

I hate days like that. Hang in there.

Grandma B said...

I love them all and hair will grow back. In the meantime, they were pretty active girls today!! I think the name of the summer game is "diversion"!! I'll take the first week of July. . . dibs!!

Shannon said...

Ugh. Days like that are really hard. I'm sorry. Their hair really doesn't look too bad. At least they didn't butch themselves. No art supplies for a week sounds like a good punishment. I love Mom's comment too because as I recall I got grounded for a week (that included my birthday) when I cut my own hair. Granted I was 7, but still. Grandma's get to be much more forgiving. :) I will call you today.

vdhfamtng said...

Kinda makes me think of that old song:"Momma said they'll be days like this, they'll be days like this, momma said, momma said!"
I've had my fair share of mom-falls-asleep-kids-get-into-so-much-trouble days. That is one thing I can be very grateful about w/ all boys. We shave their heads anyway, so if they did actually cut their hair no one would ever notice! :) When something like this happens I just tell myself, "someday this will be funny!" Hang in there, you're an awesome mom.

Geneva said...

Hi Joy,

Every little girl cut their hair. I did it when I was 7 years old. My niece just did it last month and she is 5. I don't think you should feel bad because it was going to happen eventually. This is what little girls do. Just don't give them any gum, because that will be the next thing. Gum will be so hard to get out of their hair.

Good luck

Tiffany Throckmorton said...

I am so sorry! I love how you tell stories! I understand those long days.

Hope today is better!