Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

A big shout out to all the moms out there for all you do!!!

We had a busy, but nice mother's day. Jim didn't go to his morning meetings, so I got to sleep in a little, take a long shower and pay attention to my hair and make-up this morning. It was really nice to have some extra hands in getting the girls ready for church too. Usually, Rachel just has to cry a lot while I do hair, but this morning, she got to play with her daddy! We tried to take a quick picture before we left, but Miriam was really upset for whatever reason and this was the best we got. I actually like the one where the girls are looking at Rachel. She got her very first sprout in her hair today! Maybe if I water it a lot, it will grow. :)
I knew it was going to be a busy Sunday. I was supposed to give a talk and also play the piano for the primary kids singing. But at 8:58, I realized I would be playing the organ too. It actually worked out just fine: I knew the songs already and it was easier to just stay up there. The primary kids did fine. Mine were in the bathroom at the time, but whatever. It's not like I could really watch them anyway.

My talk went really well too. Out theme was "Women of the Restoration" and I spoke about Mary Fielding Smith. I really enjoyed researching her life and I learned some great lessons along the way. The meeting ended a bit early, but I knew they were handing out something for the mothers, so it would be fine. This year they gave us a See's nuts & chews candy bar(!) and a lady in the ward donated mother-of-pearl and Tahitian pearl necklaces. So every sister got to choose one. That was kind of fun.

Jim realized his teacher for priesthood wasn't there and he would need to prepare a lesson, so I had Rachel both hours of primary. She did really well though. The sunbeams got to make a little craft with their handprint and the bigger kids made cute coupon books for their moms. Rachel finally fell asleep the last 10 minutes.

For lunch, Jim made me a yummy breakfast!! (We didn't have time earlier with 9am church.) I then made rolls for our dinner with the Henshaws. We had a nice visit with the Henshaw clan and then came back home and threw the kids in bed. It was a very nice Mother's day and now it's time to think about the coming week.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow--you had a busy day! Isn't it funny how little things like having time to do your own hair and make-up become such a blessing? I thought your pictures were sweet, even if Miriam was a little upset. You're a super mommy!

The Curnow Family said...

That is a crazy day!! Wow! I love the pictures of the girls rachel looks so much like mimi did! so cute! I hope the girls were good for you! You're a wonderful mother! Love yoU!