Friday, May 7, 2010

Fun Excursion


This is one of my favorite stores of all time, but I have to seriously limit my trips. They have everything and I end up coming home with much more than I ever plan on. But necessity demanded a trip and really, who can argue with necessity?

The bathmat in front of my shower finally had to be laid to rest. Also, Rachel tore Lizzie's folder right down the middle, so those were the two main items we were looking for, with a few other things in the back of my mind.

I ended up going after school with all three girls....which I try really hard to avoid doing. So we stopped and took advantage of their $1.50 popcorn/drink combo. I bought two for all of us to share. I threatened to take it away from both if they fussed or fought over it and it pretty much kept them occupied the entire time. Very cool.

By the end of the trip we had found a very cute folder for Lizzie (black with butterflies), the exact size and color bathmat I wanted, new sandals for Rachel and Lizzie, some socks for the girls from the dollar spot, an awesome huge bowl for $4, a great kids game for $5, a huge spool of red curling ribbon for $0.75, 8 sheets of stickers for $1, new soap dispenser and toothbrush holder for the girls' bathroom, and new workout shorts and pants for Jim. Phew! It was a very successful trip to Target.

Now I have to wait at least another 30 days before I can go back again...

4 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds very successful, but where is the pictures of the girls eating their popcorn nicely? That's two blogs without pictures. Kind of hard on a grandma. I remember liking Target so much, but now I hardly ever go there. I'm not sure why, I just don't. Have a great weekend and a wonderful Mother's Day. Did you get a chance to see that episode of The Middle yet? Hope to talk to you this weekend ;-)

jilljohnson said...

I love that store so much. I do not get to go very often because I have to drive 45 minutes, but when I go I too spend way too much money. Sounds like you got some great deals.

Shannon said...

Definitely a successful Target trip! I haven't been there much lately, but that's only because I'm trying not to spend hundreds of dollars. :) Glad that the girls were so good for you!

Geneva said...

Love Target. I have to catch myself from buying to much too. I usually try to go on Tuesday because Target put new stuff on clearance.