
Sometimes the stars align just right and things work out better than planned! My friend's 10year old daughter called this morning and offered to 'babysit' my girls at her house from 5-7 this evening. This is great for many reasons: my girls LOVE playing with their friends there, since she's 10 I only paid her $3 an hour, and everyone was happy with the plan! Jim wanted to see a movie, but I really just wanted some uninterrupted face time. So I checked restaurant.com to see what gift certificates I had available. We ended up picking a Japanese restaurant that we hadn't tried before.
We dropped off the girls, and went to dinner. It was kind of like a Benihana's place where they cook the food at your table. Our chef was really fun and the food was great! We really enjoyed the dinner and had a smaller table all to ourselves, which was perfect. We'll definitely be going back. It was a little pricey, but I had bought the certificate when they were on sale and only paid $4 for it. So our total bill for the evening, including the sitter was $32! The girls had fun, dinner was great and it didn't break the bank. I call that a good date night!




1 comment:
Woohoo! Date nights are awesome. Man, I wish I could find a $3 babysitter! Glad you got some kid-free time :)
Post a Comment