Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sick Week!

Jim has been sick for over a week now! It started last Thursday. He stayed home all weekend and was starting to get better on Sunday, but Monday it got way worse. He needed to go to the doctor, but our new insurance coverage had just started on Monday (from his govt job). So we weren't in the system. He spent the morning on the phone and managed to get an appointment but had to pay full price for the visit and the meds. He came home with a heavy duty cough syrup, a nasal steroid and an antibiotic and started letting them work their magic. It took him the rest of the week, but he is finally on the mend. He managed to go to sacrament meeting on Sunday and then to work yesterday. So glad he's feeling better!!



Not sure why, but when Jim is home, I get really lazy. I didn't do much this last week. I had a busy three hour block of church (play the organ, teach a primary class, do sharing time, play piano for singing time) but not much else. I have been a little stressed out too because I realized that I only had one vial of insulin left when Jim switched jobs. Then we had to wait until we were covered, then I had to wait until we were in the system. Sunday I changed my pump and used up the last little bit. So I spent a good portion of yesterday and today trying to get myself some insulin. Long story short: I got the last vial in Oxnard and Ventura Keiser pharmacies. Phew!



Tonight I'm doing a presentation on water storage for RS. I kind of laughed when they asked me to do it. Jim takes care of our water barrels; changes them out, treats the water, etc. I don't really deal with that, but I figured I could research it online as well and any other person. So I cobbled together a handout and then put the 'Condens'ation Version on labels and put them on water bottles. It's going to be short and sweet.



For FHE last night, we talked about 'love'. First we each took turns standing on a heart in the middle of the room while the rest of the family shared what we loved about that person. Then we talked about ways we could have better love in our home and then we talked about how we can show love to everyone. For the activity, we each cut out and decorated four hearts with the goal to do something nice for each person in the family and give them a heart. Lizzie did it the hard way (cutting one heart out of the middle of four pieces of paper), Miriam cut out one big heart and then three small ones from the scraps. I cut out four hearts for Rachel and she colored them and put stickers on them. As we cleaned up, I told the big girls to put their hearts in their room in a safe place until they were ready to give them away. I told Rachel to do the same, so she would feel like a big girl. By the time she gathered them up, we were gathered on the sofa again for scriptures, so she walked around and gave each of us our hearts. It was pretty cute and hopefully, she felt some love! I'm kind of excited for a Valentine FHE next Monday!



Miriam had fun at her 100th day of school. The 6th grade class came and helped them make their necklace (100 cheerios) and make a little '100' book! But the hats are always my favorite. Kindergarten is the best!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm glad that Jim is finally feeling better. Sounds like you guys had quite the week of dealing with the insurance change-over. Isn't that always the way it goes? Anyway, I love your "love" FHE idea. I need something fun for our Valentine FHE. I will call and pick your brain. Love you!

elizabeth said...

I love Mimi's 100 hat. She looks so festive. I think maybe I should make me one. Also, congrats on getting your insulin. What a superstar ;-)

Tasha said...

Brian and I have been super sick this week. It has knocked us both out. Today is the first real functioning day all week. Not good when both parents get knocked out. I have to say I am like you...when Brian is home I am totally lazy too. Why is that? Funny we are that way. Glad you got your insulin and that Jim is on the mend.