Well, I finally was taken down. Usually, everyone will be sick except me. I can't even remember the last time I got sick. Liz started with it a couple weeks ago; a cough with a fever. Then Jim caught it, then Miriam and then Ryan this last week. And finally, Friday afternoon, I succumbed.
Jim had been out of town all week, but came home Friday morning. I went to the girls assemblies and then came home and made broccoli potato soup. I could hardly stand by the time I was finished. I went to bed and stayed there the rest of the day. Jim took care of the girls and I took an actual sick day. I was reminded why I don't get sick: it's no fun at all!!!
Pretty much everyone still has the cough (except Jim). So it is really annoying at my house because they are all coughing nonstop...myself included. We've gone through a lot of cough drops and cough medicine. The highlight of the weekend was watching the three original Star Wars movies with Liz and Miriam for the first time. Liz is really into Star Wars. They play the Star Wars Legos game a lot and Liz found a Star Wars book at the library about Obi-Wan Kenobi. She thinks it is really cool that he wore a blindfold and used the force to protect himself from getting shot while training. What cracked me up the most was how she knew a ton of stuff about the movies (which she had never seen before) from playing the Legos game. She knew the names of characters and places and some of the plot line from video clips during the game.
Other than that, I stayed in bed and rested or read. I also got a lot of great snuggle time with Rachel this weekend. She loved to climb in bed with me and would tell me all sorts of fun things. One of her new phrases is, "I have a great idea!" and then something like, "You can make me hot chocolate!" or, "I can watch a show!" I have to admit that I totally fell for it the first time...and I wanted hot chocolate too.
We all stayed home from church today in our efforts to not share this bug before the holiday season. But after two and a half days of Mom MIA, we had to make some efforts tonight. We got everyone showered and bathed and picked up the whole house. The kids have to get through two half days of school and then it's Thanksgiving break. I think we can do it.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
No fun being sick! Hope you are all feeling better for Thanksgiving and the long weekend! We are done with school for the week and I'm ready for Christmas to start on Friday! :)
Post a Comment