The girls had their first performance with Ventura Master Children's Chorus. They performed at the San Buenaventura Mission. It is a beautiful church and a great venue for the choir. This is the first year that the choir has performed on their own (and not with the Master Chorale). Their repertoire was lovely and the children did a great job.
I let the girls each invite a friend to the concert. Miriam invited our neighbor, Summer and Liz invited her new friend (and also our neighbor), Kaylee.
Liz and Kaylee have become great little friends. They get along well with each other and are like two peas in an odd little pod. I have known for some time that Liz exhibits many characteristics of Aspergers Syndrome, but not enough for a diagnosis. However, she sometimes has a harder time relating to those around her. I was so happy that her and Kaylee were such good little friends and mentioned this to Kaylee's mom, Tamra, after the concert. As I was describing in a round about way Liz's social 'issues', she asked me if she had ever been tested for anything. She said the only reason she asked was that Kaylee had been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome and had really struggled at her last school. It was an answer to her prayers that she had found a good friend in Liz! We scheduled a lunch date and got to know each other better. Tamra is really great and I'm so happy to have her and Kaylee in our neighborhood!!
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment