Friday, December 28, 2012

The Aftermath

We enjoyed the next couple days just hanging out at home and playing with our shiny, new toys!  Auntie Mary made each of the girls a cute little bunny with a skirt.  Rachel's also had a cape.  Miriam was pretty enamored with the fact that Mary sewed these and wanted to make more clothes for her doll.  So I pulled out my sewing box and some scrap fabric and helped her put together a cape for her doll.
I also did some shopping after Christmas and picked up a couple things for the girls.  Rachel ended up with this hat and shirt from Old Navy.  It says, "MUSIC is life" and uses symbols and notations from music.  I thought it was kind of cool and Rachel loved it!
We also went and saw "Wreck It Ralph" at the cheapie theater with their 'date night' special: 2 tickets, 2 popcorns, 2 drinks for $10!!  Such a deal!!!  My girls crack me up sometimes.  Rachel got a little scared during the intense parts, but was okay.  Towards the end, one character jumps up and gives a peck on the cheek to the girl.  At that moment, Miriam says, "Whaaat the heeeeck???" really loudly.  Then the two characters kiss for real and all my girls hid their eyes.  They are so weird.
 
On Friday, Jim and I attended the sealing of one my young women from Oxnard 2nd ward.  I was very grateful to be able to attend.  That evening, we also attended the reception which was a cruise in Ventura Harbor on a very fun boat!  We had a great time visiting with friends from that ward.
(I was really proud of my wrapping skillz.)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That wedding sounds like an awesome date night and how fun that it was one of your YW. I didn't realize that. Also you definitely have some mad wrapping skills. I've never made a present look that good!