On Monday, Liz got to celebrate her half-birthday with her class at school, since her actual birthday falls just after school gets out for summer. I brought cocoa rice krispies to her class. The birthday kid gets to help hand out the treats, then they sing "Happy Birthday" with a coda that goes on forever. (Scooby Doo on channel 2, Frankenstein on channel 9, etc.) Then they have to wait until the birthday kid takes the first bite before the rest of the class can dig in. Liz has a pretty cute class with a great teacher this year.
Rachel had her little school concert on Tuesday morning. She had been singing these songs to me all month long! I was loving it and really looking forward to seeing her cute class. I knew I had to sit where she could see me so she wouldn't freak out. I happened to mention this to her teacher the week before and she let me know that she had moved Rachel to the end to give her a little more room. Yes, my kid is THAT kid. She happily wore her 'Santa' dress and her Christmas tree headband. (Totally worth the dollar I paid for it!) And then she spent the entire concert working really hard on holding up the wall next to her and couldn't hardly be bothered to do any of the motions or sing the songs!!! Good grief.
Miriam's class party was Wednesday. She had signed up to bring in a veggie platter AND a fruit platter. I sent the sign up back and said we would bring a veggie platter. I had seen this idea on Pinterest and decided it was within my realm of creativity. I also sent in some carrots and dip.
I got a chance to stop by and watch them work on their stations for a
bit. Miriam was working with her friend Enzo and I also snapped a
picture of her and her best friend, Christina.
I found this in her folder too. I thought it was sweet that she was so excited to go see Grandma B!
The school newspaper also came out that day and this was Liz's article.
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Cute kids! Cute veggie tree! And they are all such smart girls. I just love 'em and miss 'em!
Post a Comment