Monday went well. I taught piano in the afternoon and just as I was finishing up Daddy called. We all got to face-time with him. We had pancakes for dinner and called it a night. Tuesday started with getting everyone off to school, then I had a two hour parent meeting at the district office. I made it home in time to grab a quick bite and then help in Rachel's classroom until 1:20. We came home and worked on homework for a bit, then I quickly changed my clothes and re-did my make up. I picked up the girls at school, then dropped them all off at our neighbor's house before heading back to the school for a job interview.
*Flashback to the August PTA meeting where the principal announced that since no one in the district wanted to transfer to the school, the job of librarian would be open for new applicants. One of the teachers suggested that I would be great for the job. I went home and looked at it and thought about it and prayed about it and talked to Jim about it and then decided to apply. I had to take a 'Library Skills Assessment' test along with about 30 other applicants and a typing test. I passed the test and then interviewed with the district. My test score and interview score made it in the top four candidates to be interviewed by the school site. Which brings us up to now.
The interview was with the principal, a 5th grade teacher (who I had met only once before), the health technician, and a school parent. I felt like it went well and I presented myself to the best of my ability. After that it was out of my hands. I ran home, picked up the girls, changed and then taught a piano lesson. Liz had Tae Kwon Do next, during which I taught Miriam her piano lesson. I picked up Liz and then we got dinner from Taco Bell. Liz and Miriam were very excited to get their own nachos. I taught one more piano lesson before tossing everyone in the car to run back to the school for a PTA meeting to which I'm just always a few minutes late. The girls had a blast with the middle school kids who provide child care at the meetings and now want to go to all future PTA meetings. We got home and managed to eventually get ourselves to bed.
Wednesday morning I received a phone call from the district offering me the position of librarian!!! I accepted and spent my morning picking up paperwork, getting a TB test and getting fingerprinted. Miriam had gymnastics in the afternoon, Liz had her piano lesson and then it was time for the fun surprise activity which was dinner at McDonald's and then fun at Pump it Up. They had a blast and wore themselves out.
Thursday I had my last two piano lessons of the week and then we drove out to the pier for Miriam's baptism photo shoot with Emily Grace Photography. Liz and Rachel were great and played on the playground and in the sand where I could see them while the photo shoot was all about Miriam! She looked so sweet in her white dress and Emily did some amazing things with her camera (things this photographically challenged girl can only dream of) that turned out beautiful. Then Miriam changed into her new mustachio shirt and started turning cartwheels and holding handstands. Her inner diva was unleashed as she tossed out poses that she must have been born with because I don't know where else she could have learned them!!! We ended the evening at Toppers with pizza for dinner and then headed home for showers and bed.
Jim surprised us all by changing his flight and getting home at 1am that night!!! I was so happy to have him home again. After getting the girls off to school Friday morning, I had to go to a district meeting for librarians! The principal mostly hoped I'd be able to get to know some of the other elementary librarians so that I would know who to call when I had questions. After the meeting, I had to return something at the mall and then popped into JCPenney's to see if they had any cute dresses. Grandma B's teacher of the year dinner is 'special occasion' attire and I wanted something a bit fancier. In record time (like under 30 minutes) I found not one, but two great dresses! One for Mom's dinner and one for Mimi's baptism. I stopped to have my TB test checked and then grabbed lunch for Jim and myself on the way home.
It was a long, busy, crazy, super fun week. As I reflected back on it, I was proud of myself for not losing patience with my kids and going nuts on them since I had a lot of stressful things on my plate. I also realized that I only cooked one meal during the week (we ate out the rest of the nights) and it was chocolate chip pancakes. I decided this was a reasonable trade off for when Jim is gone. I can be psycho-yelling mean mom with tears all around and put dinner on the table every night OR we can all get along nicely and get everything done we need to and eat a few fast food meals.




4 comments:
That's awesome about the librarian position! I think that would probably be my dream job, to be a librarian.
So exciting about the new job! You are going to do awesome at it and hopefully love doing it too. :) Looks like you all survived Jim's week gone with flying colors. I'm all about eating out when Ian is gone or works late. It's just too hard to prepare dinner, feed it to everyone, then clean it up all by myself. You are supermom!
Congrats on the job!! As I was reading about your week, I was having deja vu. . .boy do I remember the days. . pheww! Hats off to all my daughters for all they do and accomplish everyday and week!
Awesome find, on that job!
Post a Comment