Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Halloween was on a Thursday this year.  Only the kindergarten classes are allowed to dress up at school, so this was my costume for the day:
It was another good day at work.  I was able to slip out of the library for 15 minutes and go with Rachel and the kindergarten classes as they paraded through the school.  She loved it and got to see all her friends (students and teachers).  I swear, Rachel knows more people at the school than I do!
After school, I taught a piano lesson, we finished up homework for the week and then got ready for some trick-or-treating. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Our friends, the Heibergers, just moved into a house across the street from the school.  They invited us to come over for some food and then trick-or-treating.  Two more girls from next door came over and we had a fun group for trick-or-treating.  We went out for a little over an hour and the girls came home with tons of candy!  Rachel did great.  I carried her bag for her at the end since it got so heavy.  We had a cupcake at the Heibergers and then went back home and just trick-or-treated to the neighbors we know on our street.
We were in the house and done by 7:40.  It was fun, but my feet were cramping from my first real week at work and then walking all evening.  I sent everyone straight to bed.  It had been a long week for everyone!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Everyone looked so great! It's definitely a perk of working at the school to get to do things like the costume parade with Rachel. She looks so excited to be seeing everyone! :) Glad you guys had fun trick or treating with friends too. I'm definitely making better plans for next year.