Friday, October 18, 2013

Madame Librarian!

I had my first day of work this week.  It started off with Rachel waking up with a fever and no voice!  Poor baby.  She really was sick and after breakfast, went back to sleep for an hour.  Luckily, Jim had Columbus Day off and was able to stay home with her.  I went to work and started trying to figure out what the heck I was supposed to do!  But first....selfies!
 

I got my keys and then spent most of the day going through a summer's worth of mail and reading through most of the files in the filing cabinet and reacquainting myself with how the books are all organized.  On Tuesday, the office manager was able to log me onto the computer so I could start figuring out the circulation system.  I also worked on the bulletin boards and a tentative schedule.  By the end of the week, I had the room ready to go (not much needed to be done), the teacher's schedule in their boxes, my own log-in info and I'm ready for kids when we get back from fall break!

There is still a whole lot that I don't have any clue about.  I am meeting with the previous librarian this weekend and hopefully some of my questions will be answered.  I'm sure I'll pick up some more as I go along.  It's a bit of a challenge not having as much time during the day, and my afternoons are still rather full, but I think it's going to be great!

3 comments:

Kate said...

So exciting! You sound like you know what you're doing. Do you have librarian experience? I picked up my first paycheck and even though it was only for 1 day of subbing it was a pretty exciting moment for me! :)
Of course, you're going to be amazing at your new job:)

Tara and Tyler said...

I must say I am more than a little jealous!

Jen said...

Love it! I'm so excited for you. Dream job.