Sunday, October 13, 2013

Gymnasticker Girl!!!

Miriam decided that she really wanted to do gymnastics this year.  Her best friend has been doing gymnastics and they work on stuff during recess at school.  I looked at the place her friend goes to, but it is just tumbling.  I explained the difference and she chose to go to a regular gymnastics class.  She L-O-V-E-S it!  They have a long trampoline/tumbling track that is probably her favorite, but they also work on the other apparatus like balance beam, uneven bars and vault.  Miriam has a lot of natural talent and ability and is now working on the strength needed to do more than cartwheels and handstands.

This sweet girl has also been doing tons of reading and taking AR tests.  She passed her goal (again) and got to choose something out of the prize box.  She chose these coupons for free haircuts and wanted to give them to her dad.  She left him this sweet note.
She has also been working on her song writing.  These are her original lyrics and her friend typed them up and printed them out all cute.  She cracks me up, but I will say that her songs are improving!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Ok that is so sweet that she chose haircuts for her dad as her prize. I sure love that Mimers! Her song is such a crack up and I am so glad she is loving gymnastics!

Aunt Betsy said...

What a sweetie pie! She is growing up and making such good choices! Can't wait to see you all again next week!!