It's that time again!!! Every six months general conference rolls around. Last weekend was the Relief Society general broadcast and it was a great meeting. The sister in the Relief Society general presidency talked a lot about what it means to be a covenant keeper and how that applies to all we do in our lives. That meeting simply got me more excited to listen to all of conference this weekend!
I looked to the crafty people of the internet world for some fun printables for the girls to work on during conference and was not disappointed! I found these adorable 'conference crowns' which we decorated during the Saturday morning session and then wore on Sunday morning.
Everyone enjoyed our breakfast of fruit, donuts, souffle, and chocolate milk while listening to the speakers and the music. After finishing their crowns, the girls colored quietly for the rest of the session. In the afternoon, the big girls got their chores done while Rachel and I went shopping for new shoes for her. We also stopped for a treat and ran into some friends.
Sunday was a nice quiet day at home also. We made cinnamon swirl cake for breakfast and played conference bingo during the session. During the afternoon session, I also painted nails for anyone who was sitting quietly. It was a nice weekend and I look forward to reading the talks and studying them in more detail over the coming months.
Sunday, October 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Psinting nails for the quiet ones is genius!! I love that we were all tied together by conference this weekend. It made me very happy. Thanks for passing it on to the next generation.
You were so prepared! Sounds like a really nice, relaxing Conference weekend. Also cinnamon swirl cake? Mmm.
Post a Comment