Sunday, March 29, 2009

Another Primary Talk

This week we worked on Miriam's talk. She was so excited to color her pictures and practice her talk all week long. She mostly had it memorized by the second day. Saturday, I had her practice saying it loudly so that all of primary would be able to hear her. It came out more like yelling, but when I asked to not to yell, it was too quiet. She couldn't really find a happy medium. I don't know how I managed to keep a straight face when she gave her talk. I just looked down at the paper the whole time. We had to get it on video because you have to hear it to believe it. This is pretty much exactly what she did this morning.



As she walked back to her seat and gave a big high five to her teacher, the primary president said, "Well, 'out of the mouth of babes!'" When we got home and were changing clothes, Miriam also told me, "I did a great job on my talk!" At least she doesn't suffer from poor self esteem.

8 comments:

vdhfamtng said...

Yea! Great job on the talk! That was so adorable!!!

jilljohnson said...

She is so cute. I love how serious her voice is in the video. I love it.

Grandma B said...

Yea, Mimi! Grandpa Bob and I are so proud of you giving your first talk just like Lizzie. We really liked your enthusiasm. Really :-) Kudos to your Mom for helping you too.

Olsen's 7 said...

Too cute! It was great to see you Saturday!
Hey! Joy! Guess what? My YouTube video Cupcake Wraps is featured on cafehandmade.blogspot.com
and I am giving a FREE Giveaway on my blog olsens7.blogspot.com Check it out :)

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

That was hilarious!! It's a good thing I wasn't in primary because I would have been cracking up!! Gotta love kids!!

Olson Family said...

ohhhh my gosh I was laughing SOOO HARD!!! that girl is a crack up.

Amy said...

She is so darn cute! I could hug her so hard her eyes would pop out! But I wont because she wouldn't be as cute without eyeballs. GOOD JOB MIMI!!!

The Curnow Family said...

Oh my goodness!! Ha that was probably the funniest/cutest thing she has ever done. we could hardly hear her over our giggling!!