So after dinner that night, I gave Miriam a wipe to clean up the table where she sat and her chair. She was so excited, she cleaned up the whole table. Lizzie was rather put out that she didn't have anything to clean when she finished, but I reassured her and got out the dustbuster. I was really nervous that she would be afraid of it (my children have a deathly fear of the vacuum and loud noise in general) but she was so excited to clean that she dustbusted the whole rug under the table!! So this is our new nightly routine and we are still lovin' it.
Friday, March 6, 2009
New routines and hair
A friend posted some parenting tips on her blog in response to a giveaway contest. She was talking about letting the calendar be the "bad guy". Her girls' birthdays are on an odd and an even day, so that's how they assign who gets to pick the movies, etc. That person is also assigned to wipe up the table and dustbust under the table on their day. I read that and thought, "Dustbust under the table?!?!? I never even thought about that. What genius!!!"
So after dinner that night, I gave Miriam a wipe to clean up the table where she sat and her chair. She was so excited, she cleaned up the whole table. Lizzie was rather put out that she didn't have anything to clean when she finished, but I reassured her and got out the dustbuster. I was really nervous that she would be afraid of it (my children have a deathly fear of the vacuum and loud noise in general) but she was so excited to clean that she dustbusted the whole rug under the table!! So this is our new nightly routine and we are still lovin' it.
Also, this morning I got my hair cut. I have been thinking about coloring my hair for the last little while. I've never actually colored it before and have always been a wimp and a cheapskate. But this morning I bit the bullet and did blond highlights. I know, it's very drastic and a huge change, but maybe someday you all will get used to it. It's also more on the short side, which I asked for and I love. Anyway, it's great to be blond again. Hee, hee!
So after dinner that night, I gave Miriam a wipe to clean up the table where she sat and her chair. She was so excited, she cleaned up the whole table. Lizzie was rather put out that she didn't have anything to clean when she finished, but I reassured her and got out the dustbuster. I was really nervous that she would be afraid of it (my children have a deathly fear of the vacuum and loud noise in general) but she was so excited to clean that she dustbusted the whole rug under the table!! So this is our new nightly routine and we are still lovin' it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
1. I LOVE the night time routine. Think it will work for older folks, say James' age? 2. LOVE the hair. :) There is something fab about short hair and the blonde highlights were worth it - they look great.
I love you hair. I am glad you did it you told me on my blog when I cut mine that you wanted to and I think that it is awsome!
I'm so glad the after-dinner clean up worked for your girls. Hope it continues. :) And I LOVE your hair. Makes me want to do something drastic....
Cleaning is fun when it's a novelty. Glad that they are enjoying it. Woohoo for your clean rug. Also, LOVE the hair. It's so cute short and I can definitely see the blond highlights. I think it just brightens up your face. Good for you, taking the plunge and coloring it. Anyway, I miss you already and am sad that the family reunion is still 3 months away.
Your hair looks fantastic!
I love your blond hair! Now the girls can see where they get their beautiful hair from.
Post a Comment