Sunday, March 15, 2009

Valentine's Make-up

Jim and I went out for our Valentine's Make-up date last night. We hired a babysitter (a treat in and of itself) and went to Thousand Oaks for a comedy show. The opener was Chris Porter (been on "Last Comic Standing"). He was pretty entertaining with some great material about traffic and Ax Body Spray.
The headliner was Joel McHale (this is kind of a weird picture). He hosts "The Soup" on the E! network, which Jim and I love to watch. The show mercilessly mocks pop culture and TV. We weren't sure if he was going to do material like the show or more traditional stand-up stuff. We were hoping to not be disappointed. He ended up doing a combination of both and it was very fun.
After the show we went to Claim Jumper and got their combo appetizer!!! Mozzarella sticks, loaded potato skins, fried zucchini, artichokes, buffalo wings, egg roll, onion rings and a crab cake---wow! We couldn't come close to finishing and took home two large boxes!!! I just finished some of it for lunch. I'll say it again: yummy. Mostly it was just fun to be out with Jim. We got all cozy next to each other in our booth and had fun talking about all sorts of stuff through the evening. Definitely a success!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That sounds fabulous! I'm glad it was a success. I am definitely craving some Claim Jumper now. :)

Anonymous said...

I"m so glad your date turned out to be a success!! I also love the pictures above of those darling girls!! All of them, even the one with the power struggle. I can't wait to see you and Rachel this weekend. That will be my reward for doing my middle school concerts :-)

Tasha said...

What a very fun date idea. Love it. Those appetizers look delicious too. I love love love Claim Jumpers. Glad you had so much fun :) Maybe Brian and I should do a "make-up Valentine's Day" too. We didn't really do much either since Chase was so little and sick. That was a good idea :)