Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We made it! We survived Halloween. Okay, I survived Halloween. The festivities started with Miriam's dress-up day at school on Thursday. The kids in her class all looked super cute! She came home with four goodie-bags and a ton of candy! She was a good sharing girl though.
Friday was Lizzie's class party. I got to help with the party and spend almost the whole time with Lizzie's table. We had so much fun carving a pumpkin, doing a craft, decorating cookies, making a book and playing a counting game. I loved playing with the kids that she is with everyday and seeing their different personalities.

I volunteered (again) to be in charge of our ward trunk or treat this year. Mostly for selfish reasons. It's a really easy activity to put together and if I do this one, then I don't feel at all guilty about not doing the Christmas one. It just takes a lot of energy on the day of. Jim was super helpful though, and that made it a lot easier. I also did the trunk or treat part with my kids this time instead of just cleaning up. I have to say it was a ton of fun! I still stayed and cleaned up, but it made the night more enjoyable.
The girls had a fun time. Lizzie was very anxious for the cupcake walk. As soon as she was done with dinner, she disappeared. I found her helping to setup the cupcake walk! (Probably also for selfish reasons!) The girls played the games and even did the spook alley with their Daddy. Jim and I traded off carrying Rachel. I don't think she was feeling very good (she woke up this morning with a fever), but she still looked super cute as a candy corn/pumpkin.
By the time I got home, I was exhausted from running around for four hours. But the girls were all in bed and I enjoyed the rest of the evening "counting" candy and vegging in front of the TV with Jim.

4 comments:

joyous said...

She LOVES her candy corn hat! She will bring it to me to put on her head sometimes. Then she walks around like she's the coolest chick.

Grandma B said...

Rachel looked great in her pumpkin costume with her candy corn hat :-) She's so cute with that hat!! So how many pieces of candy were there????

Shannon said...

What a cute bunch of girls! I love your fun Halloween headband too. Rachel sure is a cutie pie. I'm glad that your party went well and that you trick or treated with the kids. That part is fun.

Jennifer said...

So cute! I've always love Halloween, but it seems even more fun with little ones!