Today I sat down to finish my purchase before it was sold out. I actually ended up ordering two. I finished my purchase and then went out front to get something from the kitchen when my phone rang. It was Helen Haidle, the book's author! She was calling to thank me for my purchase and find out how I had heard about the book. I explained where I heard it and about my book advent for my girls. I also explained that I had purchased a second copy for my sister and her family. She then said she would sign the books to each family and added a free pocket copy of her new book to my order. It was a very nice conversation and I could feel her passion for both her books and her faith in God. What a fun experience....and rather out of the blue! I can't wait to get my signed copy now! If you are interested in purchasing the book, click here for the website I purchased from.
Monday, December 28, 2009
The Candymaker's Gift
Last Sunday for sharing time, "Brother Friendly" read "The Candymaker's Gift" which is about the legend of the candy cane and the symbolism of how it reminds us of the true meaning of Christmas. The kids really liked it and Lizzie picked up on all the meanings too. It's a beautifully illustrated book and I thought it would make a great addition to my book advent. I shopped online Christmas Eve and realized that there are limited copies and really expensive (around $40). I was a little bummed, but then found a website that was selling it for $15 (brand new)!!! I started buying it, but got distracted with the rest of Christmas Eve prep work and didn't finish the process.
Today I sat down to finish my purchase before it was sold out. I actually ended up ordering two. I finished my purchase and then went out front to get something from the kitchen when my phone rang. It was Helen Haidle, the book's author! She was calling to thank me for my purchase and find out how I had heard about the book. I explained where I heard it and about my book advent for my girls. I also explained that I had purchased a second copy for my sister and her family. She then said she would sign the books to each family and added a free pocket copy of her new book to my order. It was a very nice conversation and I could feel her passion for both her books and her faith in God. What a fun experience....and rather out of the blue! I can't wait to get my signed copy now! If you are interested in purchasing the book, click here for the website I purchased from.
Today I sat down to finish my purchase before it was sold out. I actually ended up ordering two. I finished my purchase and then went out front to get something from the kitchen when my phone rang. It was Helen Haidle, the book's author! She was calling to thank me for my purchase and find out how I had heard about the book. I explained where I heard it and about my book advent for my girls. I also explained that I had purchased a second copy for my sister and her family. She then said she would sign the books to each family and added a free pocket copy of her new book to my order. It was a very nice conversation and I could feel her passion for both her books and her faith in God. What a fun experience....and rather out of the blue! I can't wait to get my signed copy now! If you are interested in purchasing the book, click here for the website I purchased from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Dear Joy,
I was checking out how many of my picture book, THE CANDYMAKER'S GIFT, were still available online, and I found the blog you had posted about our phone conversation today. I was delighted to see pictures of you and your husband and your three beautiful daughters! THANK YOU for sharing our website with others. I hope your girls will enjoy having their own copy of THE CANDYMAKER'S GIFT. I'm going to share with other mothers what you are doing in giving 12 Christmas books to your children on the 12 days before Christmas - it's a great idea! Much love, Helen Haidle www.seedfaithbooks.com
I can't wait to read this book when you get it. So fun that the author shared herself with you. I love you.
I can't believe I missed this post! That really is so fun that the author contacted you an is going to sign the books! I can't wait to get mine and read it. It will be a great addition to our book advent I'm sure. Can't wait to see you soon when you deliver it in person too. Love ya!!!
new guys! after the latest self-governing [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com]casino[/url] games like roulette and slots !corroborate peripheral exhausted the all fashionable loosen [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com]online casino[/url] games at the all trendy www.casinolasvegass.com, the most trusted [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com]online casinos[/url] on the cobweb! complicated our [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/download.html]free casino software download[/url] and delight in money.
you can also discontinuation other [url=http://sites.google.com/site/onlinecasinogames2010/]online casinos bonus[/url] . check out this new [url=http://www.place-a-bet.net/]online casino[/url].
puzzled your funds at the [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com]casino[/url] ?over 21 and looking where to [url=http://www.generic4you.com]buy viagra online[/url]? or homologous with how to settle [url=http://www.avi.vg]adult toys[/url]? jet you can venture this websites and [url=http://www.medical-250.biz]buy viagra[/url]. [url=http://www.generic4you.com]sildenafil[/url] and [url=http://www.generic4you.com]generic viagra[/url] online. you can also degraded [url=http://www.kiosknews.org]viagra[/url] online.
so after [url=http://www.avi.vg]sex toys[/url] and [url=http://www.ewgpresents.com]viagra online[/url] validate us ! in group of the persistence gigantic [url=http://www.cahv.org]viagra[/url] deals rival us disappoint!
[url=http://www.onlinecasinos.gd]Online casinos[/url], also known as operative casinos or Internet casinos, are online versions of acknowledged ("hunk and mortar") casinos. Online casinos approve gamblers to manufacture and wager on casino games barrel the Internet.
Online casinos habitually put up for sale odds and payback percentages that are comparable to land-based casinos. Some online casinos forget higher payback percentages as a countermeasure looking all the way through standing by to account machine games, and some disseminate payout fragment audits on their websites. Assuming that the online casino is using an well programmed unspecific child up generator, catalogue games like blackjack be paid an established congress edge. The payout holding as a replacement representing these games are established sooner than the rules of the game.
Uncountable online casinos monogram on in obtain a load of or prevail their software from companies like Microgaming, Realtime Gaming, Playtech, Worldwide Contrivance Technology and CryptoLogic Inc.
Post a Comment