This week, Jim had a holiday party at work that was catered by Wood Ranch. I expressed a bit of jealousy, so Jim suggested that we get a sitter and go that weekend. So we did! I enjoyed heaven in my mouth with a delicious BBQ Tri Tip salad. Super awesome. Jim enjoyed his tri tip and their amazing smashed sweet potatoes (I stole a few bites) and baked beans. We were both very satisfied at the end of our meal and curious as to why we don't go there more often!!! It actually ended up being a reasonably priced date (even with the babysitter).Before we ate dinner though, we stopped at the Rocket Fizz Soda Pop & Candy Shop. It's this amazing store with just about every kind of candy and over 500 varieties of soda. Jim was really interested in getting many different brands of root beer to take down to my folks next weekend. We're going to have a root beer tasting session! There were plenty to choose from and they had many of the brands he was looking for. I had a blast checking out all the different kinds of candies they had and bought some extra large "Smarties". It really was like being in heaven, except in heaven there are no carbs or calories to count. :)




3 comments:
Is that your fun activity?? That sounds fun! I think the winning root beer should be rewarded with being turned into a root beer float. What do you think? Tonight was the SCCC concert and my kids did wonderful. In fact, they sang the best they have ever sung. So nice of them to do that at the concert ;-) See you in less than a week.
Wow. That candy/soda shop looks amazing. Ian loves trying cool sodas. How many varieties of DP did they have? I love the root beer tasting idea! If I was still in YW . . . oh wait, I totally don't have to plan stuff for every week anymore! Hooray! Today was my first week in Primary and it was so fun. We sang in church too, so it was a big first week. Anyway, I will have to call you before Christmas. Are you getting excited? I sure am. Love you tons!!!
PS-Glad that you got to go on a fun date. That reminds me, Ian and I have been meaning to try Famous Dave's BBQ. Maybe that will be part of our date day while he's off work. :)
How fun!!!
Post a Comment