Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving #2

While I very much enjoyed our laid-back Thanksgiving day and not having to cook anything, I was a little disappointed to not have any leftovers to enjoy the rest of the weekend. Also, my mother-in-law had made some amazing cranberries that I did not get enough of. I decided that I needed to do Thanksgiving again. So we ordered a turkey breast from the service deli at Ralphs. I made rolls, mashed potatoes, and amazing cranberries from scratch. The gravy came from a packet and the green beans came from a can. It was all delicious and totally satisfying!!! The next day I had potatoes and cranberries for lunch and then we had the whole thing over again for dinner. There are still leftovers for the rest of the week. It definitely satisfied my craving and I'm going to share the cranberry recipe with all of you. I am not usually a cranberry fan, but I'm telling you, these were amazing!!!

Cranberry Sauce

12oz bag of fresh cranberries
1 1/2 C sugar
juice of 1 lime
juice of 1/2 orange
3 oz water

Put all ingredients in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The cranberries should crack open as they cook. Remove from heat and put in fridge. Serve at room temperature.

3 comments:

vdhfamtng said...

I"m right there with you! I love the post-Holiday leftovers, and we didn't have many since we didn't cook our own turkey either. I really missed having some delicious turkey to feast on the day after.

Amy said...

I might have to try that recipe--I've never made homemade cranberry sauce. We're doing the same with with a "repeat Thanksgiving" later this month. Have to have the leftovers!

Olsen's 7 said...

I wish I would have given you some leftovers. I was so busy with company and the new baby I totally spaced and forgot to ask. We had such fun with you there. We have to get together again and have the kids play while we play Bananagrams!