Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Jim!!!

Even though the post got delayed, the celebration was in full swing on Jim's birthday, Tuesday. He got to start off his day with donuts and chocolate milk before heading off to work. That evening, we had pineapple pizza from Papa John's and a GI Joe themed birthday dinner. Then he got to open his presents. He got GI Joe figures from the big girls and GI Joe Resolution from Rachel. Mommy gave him his iphone, even though he'd already been using it for a week and a half!
We ate dinner and the girls loved their GI Joe dogtags. Throughout the night, they would forget and call it a necklace, which just made me laugh. We had an extra friend, Brie with us that day too. I had to leave at 6:30 for a rehearsal, so we postponed the cake for later.
Later happened to be the next evening when we had the missionaries to dinner. Jim was a fan of his german chocolate cake and I was just glad we had a couple extra people to help us out with it!!!
Here are some reasons why I love my husband in no particular order:

He laughs at my jokes (funny or not).
He is super smart and a great problem solver.
He's hot!
He can reach things on high shelves without having to get a stool!
He loves to play with his girls. He teaches them games and strategies and skills.
He thinks I'm hot!
He's a great provider for our family.
He has a strong testimony of the gospel and a lot of scriptural knowledge.
He's becoming quite the handyman these days.
He's hot!
He forgives AND forgets. (not to be underestimated in a spouse!)
He loves to be silly with his girls.

There are many more reasons, but I'm going to run out of room! He's the love of my life and always will be. I'm a lucky girl!

6 comments:

Geneva said...

Thanks Joy for the dessert today. I was really good. I was happy to see the you and girls today.

The Curnow Family said...

Happy Birthday Jim!!! He is a great guy and glad to have him in the family!!

Shannon said...

Aww what a great birthday post! I love the GI Joe themed dinner. Very fun. Also, dog tags=necklaces. Too funny. Happy Birthday Jim!!!
PS-If you want any app recommendations, just ask Ian.

Kate said...

I love your first reason. That's one of my favorites about my husband too!

Olson Family said...

awww looks like a fun birthday!! How is Jim liking the iPhone... i am betting he loves it. I havent met anyone yet who doesnt.

Mom said...

Happy Birthday Jim. Congrats on getting an iPhone. You are so spoiled ;-) But you know that already living with four women :-) The G.I. Joe birthday party was too cute. We just had our own B-day party too. The theme was "puppy"!!