Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Easter: Part II
Sunday morning, I was up around 6:30 with someone (I don't even remember anymore). It wasn't too early, but we had stayed up late the night before, so I was a bit groggy. When the last child got up (by 7:05) I let them look for their baskets. I basically showed Rachel where her's was, but the big girls found their baskets alright. Then they also got to find a couple costumes I had hidden.



Rachel was a huge fan of the chocolate bunny. She brought it to me to open for her, but I was in the middle of something else and said, "Just a second." She promptly walked over to Auntie Jules to open it. A second was just too long to wait.


Lizzie's book was "My First 1000 Spanish Words" and she was thrilled! She is really into learning the Spanish word for just about everything. I'm hoping this will help jog my memory from my high school Spanish.
Eventually, everyone got up and by the time all the baskets were found (Dad hid one for Mom and then Mom had one for me and Jim) there was quite a mess in the front room. We got it tidied up and then got down to the serious business: conference breakfast!! We had delicious souffle, fruit, donuts, danish, and of course, chocolate milk. Yum!
After conference, the girls tried on their costumes. It took Lizzie a few tries to get herself ready for a photo-op, but she sure looked cute. The other costume is a pirate one. I figured it was time for something other than princess and fairy in our dress-up box.
We snuggled up and enjoyed the second session of conference as well. Then we finished getting the Easter dinner ready. Jim kept the girls occupied by helping them set up the trains. They thought that was a lot of fun and were so proud of their creations.

Grandma and Grandpa Olson came for dinner, along with Uncle Rich. We had a delicious dinner and a fun time visiting. Then it was time to pack up and head home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Sounded like a VERY fun Easter to me :)
Nice! I love the picture of all those Easter baskets on the coffee table. :) The costumes were a good idea too! I didn't make souffle this year and I kinda missed it. I will have to do it for October. Glad you guys had a good time!
Post a Comment