In an effort to counter-act my lazy nature (and I am very lazy by nature). I've taken on a few new things in my life. My number one responsibility is my family and I feel like I've got a pretty good rhythm there and all my bases are covered. I feed them fairly nutritious meals, keep them clean, read to them, play with them, and do all the church stuff (prayer, FHE, scriptures, etc). It's not perfect, but it's not too bad either. I'm making a more concentrated effort to take care of my health these days. I've actually found a great workout schedule and am having so much fun with that. It's the darn eating part that still gets me. Bleargh! But I've scheduled a meeting with a dietitian and I'm trying.
I'm getting started in my new calling in primary. It's really fun learning about this auxiliary and I've been amazed at the love in my heart for the children in primary and all of the primary workers! I'm also amazed that I haven't felt totally overwhelmed by all there is to do in this calling and all the stuff I don't really understand yet. I credit that as another blessing and few years of experience under my belt.
Last night I took on another responsibility and joined the board of our HOA. We have a sad, sorry little homeowners association. Not a lot of pride of ownership in the area. They were down to two board members and one was ready to be done (he's been on for eleven years). So they were desperate for a new one--there should be five. It shouldn't be too much. They have meetings about once a month and sometimes you have to sign checks. I think I can handle that.
I also am applying to be on the board for the "Neighborhood for Learning" in our area, sponsored by "First 5". They sponsor the story-time at our library and provide several other services to parents and families with young children. I'm hoping I can be involved in this to ensure that funding continues to programs that help and make a difference.
Hopefully, I haven't filled my plate too full. I don't think I have; I think it is full enough to keep me busy and while I'm busy, it will help me be productive in other areas as well.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Thank you for being on the board. We felt sad when we read their letter in the mail. But we can't ever go to their meetings because they are always on Wednesday (mutual night). You are a hero!
Way to get involved!! That is awesome. I am glad you are not feeling too overwhelmed in your calling. Keep having fun doing things.
Go you! I should look into some volunteer/involvement opportunities. I'm such a slug (as Mom would say). I'm glad that you are feeling good about the primary calling. I know you are going to do great with it! And, for the record, I don't think you're remotely lazy.
PS-Next time we talk I want to hear more about the dietician you are going to see.
There must be something in our DNA that we think we're lazy and then sign ourselves up for a dozen things. I always feel lazy at heart b/c I would happily love to lay on the sofa and veg out. (However, that's why I'm a teacher. . . June, July, and August ;-)) I don't how much you'll enjoy the HOA, but I think you'll enjoy the "Neighborhood for Learning" and both of those things are good community outreach which I think is important. It always seems like you mentioned that when you "comfortably" busy you can remain productive in the other areas of your life. Love you!!
The world could use more "lazy" people like you Joy! lol :)
I love that you are so involved. This post helps me think about all the things that I could be giving my time too.
Wait a second, you say you're lazy?! Think how much would be accomplished if everyone had that kind of drive. You're a go-getter and I love it! :)
Post a Comment