Thursday, April 15, 2010
I Did It!!!
Last night I had to sing Henry Higgin's song in "My Fair Lady": "I did it, I did it! I can't believe I did it...." I actually made the girls dresses. Granted, they were cheater dresses and probably only took an hour and a half total time (don't laugh), but.....I DID IT!!!
I actually bought the fabric for Lizzie and Mimi's dresses over a year ago. I found the fabric on sale at Joann's and thought, "I could do that!" It's called a "mock smock" fabric. It's smocked along the top and the bottom edge is finished. All you have to do is sew a seam up the back and put straps on (if you even want to). The fabric sat in the corner of my room for a whole year. (To be honest, my sewing machine was broken until December.) Last month, I decided I better make those dresses this summer, or I wouldn't have enough fabric to do them ever! But now Rachel was big enough to have one too. So I checked online and sure enough, the same kind of fabric was on sale again!
They're not perfect, but they're done and the girls really like them. I don't ever see myself attempting anything more complicated than this...ever. I think I'm going to get the big girls t-shirts to go underneath them, but in the meantime I had to have a picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
I'm so impressed!!! Good job. They turned out really cute. Just a basic white tee under the big girls' dresses would work great. That is such cool fabric. Congrats on getting that done. :)
They are so cute! I love little accomplishments like this! And Wow on your new calling. You'll do great :)
Ahh, my little homemaker like her mother ;-) I'm glad you got those done. They turned out cute and you can totally say to your kids "I sewed your clothes. . ."
Darling. Love them. I think that fabric is fabulous!! I want to find a fun print for myself to make skirts for myself. II am sure your girls love the princess and mini fabric.
Joy you rock! We need to get you on reality TV.
That's the best kind of sewing ever! They look adorable!
Great job! They look adorable. I've actually made those dresses before (for a neighbor) and I love'em. You did a great job.
So fun! I bet the girls love them! I want to learn how to do that kind of stuff, First I need a sewing machine that works! ha
Post a Comment