Sunday, April 11, 2010

Swim Lessons

Starting about the middle of January, Miriam started asking me when she was going to do swim lessons. She opted out last year and was maybe trying to make up for lost time. I don't know. I didn't really want to do it with the same group I did last year, so I did some research. I decided to sign them up with the city of Ventura. They have a beautiful pool facility and their prices were really reasonable. I decided to do the three Saturday sessions (40min) instead of six sessions during the week (20 min) because they could do it earlier in the day (hopefully warmer).

As we pulled into the parking lot, Lizzie saw one of her classmates with her parents walking in. It turns out that she actually plays with this girl during break all the time. (Why don't I know these things?) Anyway, I thought I had signed them up for level 1, so they were in the same class.
Then the gal in charge told me they weren't on the roster. (What?!!?) I pulled out my receipt and got ready to argue when I realized that I had signed them up for level 2. Opps. So they were actually in a different class.
They did really well in level 2 and I would have wasted my money with level 1. They practiced kicking and big arms and going under the water to get a ring. Then they got to do cannonballs. They both had a lot of fun and can't wait for next week!
They had three levels of classes going on at the same time in the pool and a Mommy & Me class. If we sign up again, I think Rachel and I will do the Mommy & Me class at the same time. Then we can all learn to swim. ;)

***I might have to post more swim lesson pictures next week because I noticed that I didn't get any action shots of Mimi and that just won't do.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so proud of your girls for being such brave swimmers! I really need to find a good class to get Weston over his fear of putting his face in the water. Can't wait to see those action shots of Mimi!

Tara and Tyler said...

Awesome! I love swim lessons, we can't wait til Gem is old enough.

Anonymous said...

It seems crazy that it's already time to start thinking about swim lessons. Fun times!

Jessica said...

That looks like fun! I'm so jealous that you can have swim lessons this time of year in an outdoor pool!

Tasha said...

SO FUN!! I want both my boys to do swim lessons this year too. I need to look into it.

Amy said...

Sounds like they're pretty comfortable in the water. So nice that they can be ina class together, too. I was just looking at swimming lessons for Hailey before I came over to your blog. We didn't do it last summer so I'm feeling like one of those definite "newbies."