Monday, October 11, 2010

Ahhh....a Day Off

I'm just so grateful for this little Columbus Day today. Last week, we had something every night and the girls went to bed late most nights. Along with the late nights were the busy days. We finally got them to bed on time by Saturday evening, but we're still catching up. Sunday was nice. Church tends to wear me out, but a friend invited us over for dinner. She is from Italy and made us homemade (even the sauce) lasagna. Dang, it was good. I seriously went to bed dreaming of how great her lasagna was. It was nice to just hang out at their house for a bit, even nicer to not have to cook. We came home and just relaxed until we put the girls to bed. Then Jim and I played WOW together for a bit.

Today, my only plan was to take the girls to the park. They re-did the park by our house and we haven't been over there yet. I ended up watching my friends' 3yr old boy from 9-1:30, so it worked out perfect. They played until they were bored, then we walked to the park and played until they were hungry and thirsty. We walked home and I fed them lunch, they had just a bit more time to play and then his mom picked him. Nice. This afternoon, the big girls and I did a Halloween craft, I finished laundry, Rachel napped and the girls had computer time and worked on a puzzle.

We had a week off from soccer last week, which was great, but I'm looking forward to getting back into that routine as well and finishing it up. The fall is flying by. We still have BlizzCon and Disneyland at the end of the month, Mimi's field trip to the pumpkin patch, Halloween and then it's Mimi's birthday and her My Little Pony party and right after all that, the primary program! Then it's Thanksgiving and right into the Christmas season. Holy smokes, it's just going to be here before I know it! I try not to get too far ahead of myself and just focus on one thing at a time. Wish us luck!!!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Ok, seriously, my blood pressure went up just reading that last paragraph. I am not ready for this baby yet! Yikes! Sounds like life is giving you a little break. That's always nice. Oh, and that lasagna sounds amazing. Mmm.

Tasha said...

Life just gets crazier and crazier. Seriously. Glad you got a day off. Not us. But, that okay. Good luck with your busy month...months.

elizabeth said...

Seriously, you got the day off? You live too close to government workers! But lucky you ;-) Sounds like a nice day off too. . . well planned. I'm enjoying a regular week. Just finished choir and so it's all downhill from here!

Anonymous said...

Days off are nice. Sometimes you just need a day to catch your breath. I feel the same way about time flying by! Didn't school just start?! I guess I really should start thinking about Halloween costumes. I kinda jumped ahead and started Christmas shopping instead ;)