Friday, October 8, 2010

Crazy Hair and Sock Day

I think Lizzie saw this hair style idea in "Family Fun" magazine. She was thrilled with the way it turned out. I used a smaller water bottle because her hair is short, but it still worked out. They were also supposed to wear blue for integrity, so we pulled out her soccer socks. She was so cute and happy as she finished her morning routine and then she asked, "Do you think people will laugh at me?" We explained that people probably would laugh, but that was part of the fun and other kids would have crazy hair too. I love that even though she is quiet, she loves to jump in and have fun. I hope that doesn't change!
Miriam just wanted lots of piggy-tails sticking out. I settled on the pulled out piggy-tails. I think it looked cuter when her hair was curly (see here) but she thought it was great. She was also a good sport when Rachel decided to jump into her pictures. Only a couple other kids had crazy hair in her class, but she didn't care.

6 comments:

vdhfamtng said...

Tell Lizzie I think she looked awesome. It takes a special person to pull off the water-bottle-on-my-head look, and she rocked it :) She looks like a little Who child from the live-action "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". I love Miriam's pig-tails too. Such great hair!

elizabeth said...

They look crazy and wild. . .definitely!! Tell Rachel I love her crazy hair too ;-)

Kate said...

So cute! Whats weird is that we had crazy hair day today and I did Emma's hair like that with a plastic cup under! Your girls are looking bigger and as cute as ever :)

sara said...

You did such a great job! I can't wait to do fun hair styles on Maggie...you inspire me!

Shannon said...

What a fun day at school! I love that Lizzie saw that hair in the magazine and requested it. She looks awesome! Way to jump in and have fun and participate. Glad the self consciousness thing hasn't started up yet. :)

The Curnow Family said...

You have such fun girls, and i do hope they are always fun like that! I forgot how curly Miriam's hair was when she was little!