We came home and just relaxed for a bit. I got ready and left around 1pm to work my shift at the Fall Festival. I got all the costumes laid out and ready to go for Jim. He got there around 2:30 with all the little witches!! They looked awesome with their broomsticks and Rachel was just adorable in her orange outfit and hat! We took some group shots and then did the face painting. I really liked that they kept it simple this year.
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Halloween 2010
Since Halloween falls on a Sunday this year, we lived it up on Saturday. We started the day nice and early with an 8am soccer game for Miriam and 9:15 for Lizzie. Both the girls played pretty well and had fun. As we were walking to the field, Lizzie asked if she could play soccer again when this soccer ended. Hmmm.....we'll see how we feel next fall.
We came home and just relaxed for a bit. I got ready and left around 1pm to work my shift at the Fall Festival. I got all the costumes laid out and ready to go for Jim. He got there around 2:30 with all the little witches!! They looked awesome with their broomsticks and Rachel was just adorable in her orange outfit and hat! We took some group shots and then did the face painting. I really liked that they kept it simple this year.



The big girls wanted to do the obstacle course and big slide next. Rachel and I hung out and danced to the music that was playing. I asked Rachel if she wanted to "shoot the gun" or "open the door" (different games) and she said, "Shoot de gun!" So we did. Mostly, I cocked it, aimed it and pulled the trigger, but her hand was on the gun and she thought it was the most fun.



We did the different games, the "Magic Key", the ping pong one, the bean bag toss and the mini gold. When we did the bean bag, Rachel was really impatient for her turn. I don't know why we made her go last, but we did. She got her bean bags (finally) and marched right up to the board to throw them. She didn't care if it went in, she just wanted to throw a bean bag! Daddy got his enchilada from Cafe Rio and I had a Jamba Juice. The girls decorated cupcakes and picked out their prizes and then we headed home.







We came home and all five of us vegged on the sofa and watched an Avatar episode. Then we went to our ward trunk-or-treat. They had dinner and a spook alley and then the kids got candy. I let Jim hand out candy while I took the girls around. They loved it, what kid doesn't? Rachel wouldn't let people put the candy in her bag, she took it from them and put it in the bag herself! (She's two.) The girls managed to get a pretty good stash! Jim and I each scored two full size candy bars!! We managed to get home and get everyone in bed by 8pm, so I call that a successful Halloween!
We came home and just relaxed for a bit. I got ready and left around 1pm to work my shift at the Fall Festival. I got all the costumes laid out and ready to go for Jim. He got there around 2:30 with all the little witches!! They looked awesome with their broomsticks and Rachel was just adorable in her orange outfit and hat! We took some group shots and then did the face painting. I really liked that they kept it simple this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Sorry to hear you've been feeling yucky :( Maybe some Halloween candy will make it all better. Your three witches are adorable! How did you get them all to agree to be the same thing?
What fun costumes! I'm impressed Jim was able to get them all ready :).
Oh my goodness those are some cute witches! I love all their little oufits. Coordinating, but not matching. The brooms were a perfect touch too. Glad that soccer went well and it looks like you had nice weather for the Fall Festival. Score on the candy front too. Have fun with the week of non-stop sugar rush! :)
Post a Comment