Thursday, October 28, 2010

DISNEYLAND!!!!!!! Part One

First of all, I have been so excited for this trip to Disneyland. I couldn't wait to take Rachel now that she is old enough to understand what it all means and it seems real to her. It's just magical. I was also really happy that my mom could come with us, she also loves the Magic Kingdom and enjoys watching the kids take it all in. We took a TON of pictures and since they are all pictures of my kids....they are all really cute pictures. Hang in there.

We started the morning at 6am to get out the door by 7am (we were pretty close). We got in line at the gates just before 8am. We had reservations for the Minnie and Friends breakfast at the Plaza Inn on Main Street. We were one of the first ones in the door. As we were walking up to the restaurant, Tigger was waving at us from the window. The character breakfast was absolutely amazing!!! I really just wanted to do it for Rachel and it was magical for her, but the big girls really enjoyed it too.

We walked in the restaurant and were shown our table. Jim offered to stay with Rachel, while Grandma and I took the girls to get some breakfast. (It's a really good all-you-can-eat buffet.) Since no one else was really settled in the restaurant, the characters all found Rachel. She was so thrilled to see Minnie Mouse, Chip and Dale, Cinderella's mice friends, Tigger and Eeyore.
We came back with our food and the girls got to take pictures with the characters and they all signed their books. Then they played a welcome song and everyone danced. Rachel got a hold of Tigger and didn't let go!!! That was probably the best part of the day for her.
No one was afraid of Captain Hook this year, except me. He put me in the corner because I called him a scalawag. The Fairy Godmother was very fun. She was shocked to Lizzie missing teeth and asked if the tooth fairy had visited. She was friends with the tooth fairy, she said.
It worked out great to have Rachel in the high chair; all the characters came right to her and she was the perfect height for pictures. Lizzie and Miriam knew the drill; they got their books open to a blank page and got their pens ready when a character came by. Everyone got a button that had a picture of Minnie Mouse on it. Rachel showed her button to everyone who came by our table. They had 10 different characters at the breakfast and it was just a great way to start our day at the Happiest Place on Earth!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh! The character breakfast looks like the perfect way to start a Disney day! I might have to do one next time. Rachel looks like she's in heaven, but really all those girls look pretty happy. I can't wait to see how the rest of the day went!

Shannon said...

PS-When I was looking through the pics with Davin, I asked him who the fairy godmother was . . . "Who's that dav?" And he said in "Gwamma?" :)

elizabeth said...

The pictures are ADORABLE. Yes, it was a pretty happy morning! I love Dav's comment. . .Gwamma is right, I guess. A fairy godmother is just like a gwamma!

The Curnow Family said...

So cute and it's only part 1!!! I love that in the last picture rachel is finally eating! haha I can't believe how excited she was.. And the fairy godmother is so stinking cute!!