Friday, February 25, 2011

Making Progress

We are moving two weeks from tomorrow! Yikes! We have started packing this last week. Our friends had some boxes left over from their move, so we started with that. Mostly we've packed up books, movies, games, etc. Man, we have A LOT of books. Sometimes I think I should get rid of more, but I just can't part with them (I did donate a large stack to the library). I also cleaned out all the baby clothes in the garage and various other things I decided we didn't need anymore. I wish I had taken a picture of the pile for ARC, but they already picked it up. I had five of the big black trash bags, two small white trashbags and three boxes of clothes and STUFF to get rid of. Most of it had been loved and used and was no longer needed. Some of it was just no longer needed.
The girls are really excited about moving. It's an adventure to them and new and exciting. They are upset that they haven't gotten to pack any boxes yet. (I'm going to let them help me pack their toys, but I'm waiting another week to do that.) Wednesday evening, Lizzie informed me, "You haven't packed any boxes today!" She was right...so I did some after they went to bed. They have taken to separately watching Jim and I as we pack and clean out in the evenings and then reporting our actions to each other by yelling down the hallway. "Mom is packing Rachel's books!" "Daddy is putting GI Joes in baggies!" "Mom is taping a box!" "Daddy is digging in his closet!"

Last night this worked to my advantage as I started packing up the things on the top shelves of my kitchen. "Mom is wrapping the mugs in paper!" "Daddy is playing a video game!" "Mom is putting a big bowl in the box!" "Daddy is still playing a video game!" He felt guilty and came out front to help me. Hee hee. Anyway, the stacks of boxes continue to grow. Lizzie counts them every morning. The problem is as we pack things that are hidden away in cupboards, we are running out of room to put the boxes. We thought our little dining room was crowded before!

4 comments:

Kate said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see your new place :)

Anonymous said...

Hubby playing a video game instead of helping? I can't relate to that =P But the fact that he got off to help pack, now that's love! Plus, he knew he'd have to be back on for raid night, right? Hee hee. Those silly hubbies of ours! Sounds like you're making good progress with the packing. Doesn't it feel good to unload STUFF?! I'm notorious for doing that. If my kids can't find a toy the first thing they do is ask me if I got rid of it...lol.

Shannon said...

I'm so excited that this is all happening so quickly for you! It is stressful packing up, but it's nice that you have such great boxes. They just fill up so quickly. :)

Tara and Tyler said...

It all sounds like so much fun!