For Lizzie, it is usually a dress. That is by far her favorite clothing option. We've had to compromise a little bit in these winter months and add leggings to keep her warm. She doesn't mind the capri length ones, but when I try to pass off black stretch pants as "leggings" she fights me tooth and nail. If she does choose a t-shirt (with a princess on it) it is always paired with a skirt.
Miriam is happiest in a t-shirt and pants/shorts. However, her princess shirts are her favorite and they come in all shades of pink and purple. As a general rule, she doesn't like her dresses. Sometimes I can get away with a dress if I pass it off as a shirt with pants underneath, but if she sees me take it off a hanger she's usually onto me.
A friend in the ward gave us three beautiful church dresses that fit Lizzie. She was in seventh heaven when we got them. I always let her choose which one she wants to wear and she rotates through them. ("I'm going to wear the blue one today, and the purple one next week and then the red one after that.") I think she loves seeing all her clothes hanging in her closet and then picking out what to wear. It will not surprise me if she ends up being a clothes horse when she's older.
It doesn't really matter what dress I put on Miriam for church, she tells me the same thing every week in her whiny voice, "I don't like it!!" I even let her choose the dress at the store this time and made a big deal out of it....she's still not a fan. Oh well. Once it's on, she's usually okay (and she looks beautiful).




7 comments:
That's so fun to see them with their own style. I love that you let them pick, I'm sure they feel very independent!
This is soo true! Miriam has always been the more casual one... and Lizzie the more proper and dressy one. Even when she was tiny she would get excited when she got clothes as a present. It was soo funny. Both girls are absolutely adorable in what they wear. I am curious to see Rachel's style and she grows up.
How funny that Mimi is anti dresses. I think they both look adorable. You always make them look cute. Good job. I think it will be interesting to see how Lizzie does in her teenage years with clothes. I'm guessing she'll be the easy one to buy for. ;)
They are cuties no matter what you put them in :-) AND they were so cute that day at the American Girl store. I bet Rachel's style will be whatever as long as she can have a big bow in her hair ;-) But truly Lizzie and Mimi's clothes styles are as different as their personalities are different. They are two cute little girls.
I love it!! I love learning the styles of your girls too. It is so cute. They both look pretty cute whether they are in dresses or princess shirts and pants.
That is too funny!! It's amazing how opinionated little kids can be - they know just what they want!!
Wooow! Haha, love the styles! I have to admit I lean more towards Mimi's style though. Hate dresses. :P
Post a Comment