Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

We had the most quiet new year's eve ever: I read my new book and Jim played Warcraft...until about 11pm, and then the fun started. Lizzie threw up in bed and all over herself and everything. So Jim worked on cleaning her up in the bath while I cleaned up her room. We turned on the light and were in and out of the room and Lizzie was crying the entire time....while Miriam slept through the whole thing. I don't think she even peeked an eye open! We finally got Lizzie cleaned up and back in a clean bed. We watched the last three minutes of the ball dropping in Times Square, Dick Clark made me cry. I hadn't seen him in a long time, he's really gotten old, and he sounded a lot like my grandpa did after his surgery. We got out the sparkling grape juice, made a toast and went to bed. For awhile. Rachel was up at 1:30 or so and then Lizzie got up a few times saying she was thirsty and then not tired. I think I finally got some real sleep at 3:30. And then I was up again at about 6:45, which would have been just fine, if I had gotten to bed on time, but as it was, I could hardly keep my eyes open.

So we just had a slow quiet New Year's Day at our house. The girls played in their tent, colored their new coloring books (with their new crayons) and played on the computer. Our new book, "Pinkalicious" was requested about three times, we ate leftover pizza and I read my new book too. It was nice to just do nothing. We decided to let the girls sleep in their tent tonight and they thought that was just about the most fun thing ever. I'm going to have to keep this in mind for future rewards. ;)
On another note, Rachel has been doing really well since we got home and back on our normal schedule. She had been eating solid foods twice a day and has actually started swallowing most of the time. Hip, Hip Hooray!! She takes her little naps, eats her food and has happy play time and then goes to bed at a decent hour. My next step is to help her learn to sleep through the night. Before she was eating solids so well, she was hungry a lot, so I fed her through the night. However, now that she eats so well, she's not hungry, just used to waking up. So it's going to take a few more nights of putting the binky in and letting her cry to kick that habit, but she's well on her way!!
Seriously, how cute IS she?!?!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

She is SO cute! I love that she and Davin can bond from afar by chewing on the same book 700 miles apart. I'm sorry your New Years Eve was marred by puking. Blah. That is amazing and kind of hilarious that Mimi slept through the whole thing! Anyway, we did not have such a quiet New Years, but it was really fun having Mom and Dad here. I will call you this week when we return to real life. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, she IS really cute!!! I just love these little babies. That stay little for such a short period of time. I'll have to forward you Aunt Nancy's New Year's Eve. It will make yours sound like a walk in in the park. This has just not been your year for holidays and health. I'm glad you had a good day at the zoo. Have a great Sunday.