
I faintly recall hearing rain when Rachel woke up at 5am this morning. Luckily, she went back to sleep and everyone slept until 7:30!!! Then I realized that today was going to be a rainy day. And, as it usually happens, we had plenty to do. As I was getting Rachel bundled up, she was distracted by the rain outside her window. I remembered back to the days when we lived with Jim's parents. It was a really wet winter and Lizzie (about 6 months old) and I would sit and watch it rain from the window all the time. Ahhh, the days of one child.
We went to the party store first to pick up some GI Joe party supplies for Jim's birthday tomorrow! Then we went to In-N-Out to do some Christmas shopping....and have an early lunch. We got home in time to grab Lizzie's stuff and get her to school. As we were driving around town, Lizzie would frequently remind me, "The back window REALLY needs help!" This is her not-so-subtle way of telling me she wants to see the back wiper do its job. They all love wearing the hoods on their jackets and had fun ducking in and out of the rain as we ran our errands.
After dropping Lizzie off, Rachel, Mimi and I hit Costco as fast as we possibly could. Then we went home for a nap. Well, Rachel got a nap and Mimi got some computer time. Mom finished some laundry and made a batch of chocolate bread. The intention was to deliver chocolate bread for FHE this evening, but we'll see. The wind is blowing and the temperature is dropping, so I'm not sure if we'll be taking everyone outside for the evening.
We picked up Lizzie from school and then hit the grocery store for the last 5 items for Jim's birthday. It nearly used up my last bit of patience. I keep forgetting that I need to avoid the grocery store after school at all costs!!! We all made it home in one piece, got our much needed snacks and started in on the homework. For dinner, it's soup and rolls and definitely some hot chocolate tonight!!!




4 comments:
Sounds like a great rainy evening. Bummer about all the necessary errands. I had to do a bunch of stuff in the snow today and it sucked. Boo. I hate winter. Anyway, I love that you are having a G.I. Joe party for Jim. Too cute.
I spent most of the rainy day at Washington grading journals. It was kind of nice to be in one place, not running around like a crazy woman. Then I started running around like a crazy woman. The only good thing about rain today was that my SCCC kids got to sing indoors instead of outdoors. That worked out so much better for us. Your day sounds rather exhausting. I hope you have a quiet cuddled up evening.
What a fun rainy day! We have not enjoying the freezing weather, we haven't had a day above 25 degrees in a weeks...sad day!
It rained here all day too. I love the rain! But not if I have to run errands. So we stayed home, did laundry and drank hot chocolate :)
Post a Comment