Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Day!!!

After we finished opening all the presents, we had a quick breakfast. The girls and Daddy played with the USS Flagg while I got ready and finished packing for everyone. Then we got dressed and jumped in the car for a drive down to Long Beach. We got to Grandma and Grandpa Olson's house a little before noon and they had saved some souffle and cinnamon rolls for us!!! It was so fun to see all my cousins and aunts and uncles. The girls had fun playing with the Overson kids too.

We exchanged presents and also did our presents for Jules and Mom and Dad. Jules got our family a movie night in a box. There were DVDs and candy and popcorn and a big blanket to snuggle under. The girls got a new outfit for their Bitty Babies from Grandma B and Grandpa Bob and Rachel got HER Bitty Baby. She was thrilled...no more stealing her sisters' babies!!

We hung out at the Olson's for most of the afternoon. Then we headed over to Grandma Snowball's house around 4. Again, I really enjoyed getting to see aunts and uncles and cousins that I just don't see very often. We had dinner and opened presents and then sang a few songs. By about 6pm, Rachel was done and the rest of us were tired too, so we headed back to Grandma B's house. We were all exhausted and ready for bed by 9pm. It had been a fun Christmas.

2 comments:

Mum said...

Nothing is more fun on Christmas day than playing in wrapping paper!! I loved watching Rachel play that day. Thanks for the video. Also her loving her baby! Such a fun. . exhausting day ;-)

The Curnow Family said...

Why is that girl so cute! I love her little cooing!