Wednesday, January 6, 2010

She's A Toddler!!!

I was 18 months ago this week that we brought home this ginormous baby!
And now she's grown up into this beautiful toddler!
I know I"ve already talked a lot about what Rachel can do these days, but since the child really isn't getting a baby book, I feel a need to record as much as possible here. One thing that Rachel has done differently than the other girls is TALK!!! When I took Lizzie to her 15 month appointment, the doctor recommended an early intervention program because she had so few words. When I came back for her 18 month visit, she had a few more, but I had been busy (giving birth to Miriam) and hadn't contacted the speech therapy program. By 2 years old, she was just fine. Miriam was similar at that age.

But this Rachel girl loves to copy and mimic and do everything the big girls do and that includes talking. Over the Christmas weekend, my mom and I recorded all the words she knows. We had to keep adding to the list and then I even added a couple more just in the last week. So here it is folks (in no particular order):
  • that, dog, juice, milk, Mama, Daddy, La-La (Lizzie), Mimi, Bam-pa, Bam-ma B, Chloe, Ho-Ho (Santa), hat, hello, hey, night-night, bath, box, book, block, tree, light, key, purse, eyes, nose, mouth, cheek, shoe, toes, ball, baby, dog, hi, bye, toodles (Mickey Mouse), Po (Tinkerbell), Joe (GI Joe), chair, please, tick-tock, coukoo, cookie, kay (OK), teeth, train, me, knock-knock, bark, potty, uh-oh, go, no, boo, Ju-Ju (Jules), amen, kick, back-pack, thank you, plane, two.
Phew! It is so fun to hear her talk and try to be a big girl. She enjoys going to nursery and has a few little friends in there. Anything the big girls do, she is sure to follow. I can't wait to see what the next 6 months will bring!!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I am so impressed with her giant list of words!!! Davin is on the slower talking side of things, but he getting more and more words every week, so I'm not worried. :) That Rachel sure is a pretty girl and I cannot wait to get to play with her soon!!!

Gwen said...

It must be a third child thing. My mom and I were just talking today about how much more Amy talks at this age than the other two did. It sure is fun to have them communicating at this age. You're 18 month old is one CUTE little girl! :)

Mom said...

I can't believe our little Rachel is such a big grown up girl!! She is so much fun to cuddle and play with. She was so cute on the phone today too. Sometimes I wish they didn't grow up so fast. (Except for Lizzie getting to the 10th grade so I can retired!)