I can't believe it's been almost a week since I've posted on my blog! Yikes! The weeks seem to just fly by (even though some of the minutes and hours drag on on). I've had occasion to visit with some different people that I hadn't seen for awhile. When the inevitable question comes up: "How's life going?", I could only respond: "Really well!" Our little family is in a good place right now. We are all settled into a great routine, the big girls are doing great at school and learning so much. Everyone gets along pretty well at home, for the most part, and we have fun playing games, doing homework, having dinner together, reading books, watching movies, etc. Things are going well for Jim at work as he starts transitioning to a new project and takes on some additional responsibilities in other areas. I'm still loving "Turbo Jam" and working on helping all of us to eat healthier meals. I feel like I am doing a better job of being a "homemaker" (not great, but better) and I take great pride in that.
We all have ups and down in our lives and right now I am thoroughly enjoying this "up" in our lives. I feel like all I need to do is keep on keepin' on. So there hasn't been anything out of the ordinary in the last week. Nothing majorly post-worthy. But then I downloaded my pictures and realized there were a few things I should mention.
On Sunday, Lizzie asked for her hair to look like "Elina" from Barbie Fairitopia.

I said that I would do my best, but that Elina has cartoon hair and that she had real hair. So I didn't want her to get upset. Then I could see the wheels in her head turning as she thought about how Elina wasn't actually real. Anyway, this is what the end result was. Lizzie was thrilled and as soon as she got home from church, she put her costume on.


This morning, my funny girl found her bib and fixed herself a little snack.

After I took Lizzie to school, I was eating my lunch at the table and watching my girls play with the blocks. They were just so cute and happy. Sometimes they interact more, but Rachel is still more in the parallel play stage. This works great for Miriam who is just as happy to play without interference from a baby sister. The video isn't all that interesting, but it is heaven on earth to hear children playing quietly together.
3 comments:
It sure is nice when life is just in a good place like that. I am in a similar boat. Things are just so easy right now with the 2 boys getting bigger. I'm not completely satisfied with where I am personally, but I still would say our family is in a good place too. That Rachel sure is cute. I canNOT wait for her and Davin to get to play together! Soon soon.
It so cute to see the girls play like that. They are super cute little girls. Nice job on the hair too. I'm glad everybody is doing well. I love you tons!!
I love to hear how well you guys are doing :) I'm always striving to be a better homemaker too- and the healthier eating part.
love your attitude!
Post a Comment