As I realized that we had a Monday holiday coming up, I realized that I needed to take advantage of it. Our days of just heading off to Grandma and Grandpa's whenever we felt like it are long gone. We had commitments at Stake Conf on Sunday, but decided to leave right after. Jim has been home sick this last week and opted to continue his convalescence at home. The girls always want to go to Grandma B's house. They miss their grandparents and their auntie and Chloe.
Rachel found their Christmas card on the table last week and came running down the hall saying, "Cao-e, Cao-e, Cao-e!!!" She then identified everyone else in the picture by name. So I knew she was excited too. The girls did what they do best when they got to Grandma's house: instantly pulled out a bunch of toys and made a mess. It's like they have to mark their territory or something.




That night we made smoothies and salsa in their new "Magic Bullet." Then we watched a couple episodes of "Castle"!!! Of course, then my mom and I stayed up way too late talking. We are really bad about that and never go to bed when we should.
The next morning, Mom made aebleskivers (Danish, ball-shaped pancakes) for breakfast. Yum!

Then Jules and I did our Turbo Jam workout, which was very fun! But probably shouldn't be done on a stomach full of aebleskivers. I showered quickly and then went to get my hair done. The girls stayed home to cuddle and play with Grandma and Auntie Jules.


When I got back, they had already baked sugar cookies and were working on a craft. Also, here is my awesome new hair cut! I really like it. We made some snowmen, frosted cookies and then started getting ready for our tea party.



Mom put together a beautiful tea party with an amazing spread! We also had some friends come and join us. Since it was chilly and rainy, we had cinnamon apple spice tea and hot chocolate. Yum! Lizzie had her first cup of tea and Miriam really liked the rainbow goldfish. Rachel was a big fan of the sugar cookies too!





After our tea party, we were full and didn't need dinner. The girls just played and played all afternoon. Finally, we picked up the house and I fed them a little dinner. They all took a bath and we had FHE together. Mom had this great story about testimony that she read, then she and Grandpa both shared their testimonies with the girls. It was very sweet and fits right in with what we've been learning about at primary and at home.


After FHE was over, we snuggled up and watched some more "Castle" and finished the sugar cookies. Chloe was extremely worn out from us being there. She has to always be on the defense when Rachel is around and it tires her out. So she was snuggling with Grandpa for a bit.

Tuesday morning, we got up and had a slow morning. But we were ready and out the door by 9, which was perfect. We managed to get home by 11 and get the girls off to school! It was a fun little getaway to Grandma and Grandpa's house!
9 comments:
I LOVE your new hair cut!
SO fun to get to be home :) Hooray for Grandmas!
Joy- you seriously look amazing! I love your new hair cut!
I know I'm the worst blog-commenter in the universe, but I love your blog. I've stolen lots of great ideas from your blog (we love that crock pot salsa chicken recipes you posted once, and I had to buy the book Pinkalicious after you raved about it). Thanks for the great ideas!
You Olson's sure know how to do a holiday...wow! Next MLK i'm hangin out with you guys!
PS: Super cute hair!
Gorgeous haircut--so stylish! Your girls are so cute! I just laugh when I think of your world of pink & bows & tea-parties, in contrast with my world of cars & balls & guns :) I'm glad you had a fun holiday!
I LOVE your hair!!! Such a sleek cut. I am going to have to bring in that picture when I go next time. I especially love the way the back just sits so perfectly.
Anyway, thanks for the tea party pictures. Looks like such a girly blast. Your girls are, of course, gorgeous, but I can't get over how much Rachel is looking like a big girl!
Glad you guys had a fun visit. I'll call you tomorrow. :)
sounds like a perfect holiday weekend! You have such a great family. And now a great hair cut too! cute!
I want to go to Grandma B's house! It looks like so much fun! Aebleskivers, sugar cookies, a craft, and a tea party!! Wow, what a party! I want to make a special request when I come down some time, all of that! ha The girls look so cute and cuddley!
Such a stylish new 'do...looks fabulous on you! Aren't holidays and visiting grandma the best?!
Your hair looks FABULOUS! So so so so so so cute!!!!
Post a Comment