Saturday, January 2, 2010
New Year's Eve!!!
Well, it's the last post for the year, even though it will show up in January. I decided we should just celebrate New Year's Eve at home, for many reasons. I bought fun fried food for dinner and a little 'party in a bag' at the grocery store. The girls were thrilled for any excuse to have a party. We wore our hats and played with the blowers at dinner. Rachel liked her hat at first, but then she found the elastic. Before I could take it off her head, she had already snapped her ear!


After dinner, we cleaned up and then the girls each got to pick a game to play. Miriam chose Hi-Ho Cherry-O and Lizzie picked Guess Who?
After our games, we had turned on a CD and had a dance party!!! The girls had a blast spinning with their Daddy and just being silly and crazy. Then we pulled out the poppers and streamers. Lizzie managed her poppers without too much help, but Miriam needed some extra guidance so she didn't do it right in her face or hand! Rachel didn't really like the noise.

Then we got out the Martinelli's and had a toast to the new year. The girls loved clinking glasses with each other and Rachel really liked her sparkling apple juice!



After toasts, we put on PJs and then watched the "Pixar Shorts" together until bedtime. Everyone was in bed and quiet by 8pm and Jim and I settled down for a quiet evening to ourselves. Happy New Year!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I am still laughing from the video. Too funny. You are such a fun mom to plan the night for the kids. I pretty much ignored mine, fed them pizza rolls, and sent them to bed early. We did do poppers and have Martinelli's with them though. Davin did NOT like the noise from the poppers. Sad stuff. Anyway, glad you guys had a nice night. Love you!
Wow! I'm so impressed at all of the fun stuff you planned! You're girls are so cute. We did sparklers outside at midnight. It was so pretty and snowing. Very fun! We also do the martinelli's. Yum!
What a fun time! Your girls are so cute and sound like so much fun.
I love all the party-ing you did at home. We stayed home too and enjoyed a nice quiet evening once Maggie was in bed. Your girls are so cute!!!
What a darling family! You have a really nice blog too.
What a fun New year's eve! I love the girls blowing their little toys! ha And trying to talk in unison.. many too much martinelli's!
Post a Comment