Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Bedding!!!


I have been looking for new bedding for the last year or so. I only had a few requirements, but who knew it would be so hard. I have a cal king size bed (Jim and I are not small people) and I have two king size pillow shams. All I wanted was a bedskirt, comforter and two king size shams in a gold color....for not too much money. Most of the time I could find the right color, but they didn't have the king size shams and I didn't want to go buy the Euro shams. Anyway, I finally found what I wanted at Kohl's the other day and it was in my price range!! I really like it and the even more amazing thing is that Jim likes it too. (He likes that it's smooth and soft.) So yay for new bedding and props to me for getting the new bedskirt on all by myself. Phew!

On a side note, we've had our bed for a couple years now and I still love it. After having a really awful queen size bed for the first 5 years of our marriage, I STILL appreciate and love my soft, comfortable cal king size bed. Every night when I snuggle down in my bed I think, "Gosh, I love my bed!" and I drift off to dream land!! It wasn't the most expensive bed ever (or the cheapest) but it was worth every penny.

6 comments:

jilljohnson said...

I love it. It should make you feel like you are a queen when you go to bed. I want to bigger bed we are a queen and my hubby thinks that it is big enough, the problem is he sleeps in the middle which leaves me a very small space to sleep in.

Olson Family said...

o0o0 very nice!! I bet it looks amazing in your room!! cant wait to see the real deal! ;) miss you!!

Shannon said...

Well isn't your room looking fancy schmancy! I love it. I'm glad you found what you were looking for finally. As for having a comfy bed, I feel the same way after that awful full bed for almost 4 years and one pregnancy, I LOVE my soft queen! Someday when we have space we will get a king, but that's probably a ways off. It was good to talk to you yesterday. Next time we talk, let's plan D-land!

Amy said...

Hahaha! It looks great! I love the red wall with the red pillows. ^.^ That is pretty amazing that it met ALL of your reqirements including having Bro. Henshaw love it!

Tasha said...

So great! I love when I have been searching for something and finally find it. I am glad you had such good luck and it looks great.

The Curnow Family said...

oh my goodness! I love that bedding! I still can't think of colors for our bedroom! I'll just have to wait and see!