
The Bowles gave our girls this fun game, Zingo, for Christmas this year. It's very similar to bingo and a lot of fun. We played it on Friday night together and the girls wanted to play again first thing this morning. The cards are 3x3 and are two-sided. The red sides have more objects in common with each other, so the level of competition is higher. You slide the Zingo dispenser and two tile come out the bottom. You have to name the object first and grab it for your card. So if someone else needs it, you have to be fast. The girls totally caught on to the object of the game and had so much fun.
The other funny part was watching Jim play with the girls. I had to take a break to feed Rachel. While I was gone, he got the girls all riled up as he helped them learn to be more competitive with each other. I always want everyone to be happy and I usually let them win, but he gets them all hyped up about trying to win. It's hard for me to watch my sweet girls get competitive with each other, but it's probably a lesson they need to learn, so I try to be grateful that someone else can teach it to them.
Right now, everything they do is a competition or race (gotta love sibling rivalry). If I could have my way, they would both always win, but I know that's not possible, so we're trying to help them learn how to be gracious winners and losers. Some days are better than others, but we still try.




2 comments:
I'm so glad you love it. Looks like a fun one. I think it's a mother thing to not want the kids to argue or anyone to be sad, but alas, life is not fair and there are always winners and losers, so it's good they learn to deal with disappointment now. Aren't I the positive one today? Anyway, I am glad they (and you) like it. Hope you had a good weekend!
I may have to look into that game. It is hard to find games Tanner can play. I know what you mean about competition. I am more like you on that one.
Post a Comment