It's official: Lizzie's on Spring Break. This week won't be too hard. It's that last Monday that she doesn't going to school that I'm worried about. But to kick it off, we headed up to the Santa Barbara Zoo with some friends. I LOVE our zoo. It is not too big, but has lots of fun and different animals. It's right next to the ocean, so the weather is great year round. Their family pass is a killer deal. They let you bring food in and have lots of beautiful spaces for picnic lunches. Anyway, it's awesome.
Today I think I saw more activity from the animals than ever before. My favorite was the gibbon (a type of ape) who climbed and swung all the way up to the top of a super tall tree. You could see him from across the zoo! The other animal I hadn't seen before was a little red panda. He was the cutest thing ever with a red body and longer black legs and a tail like a raccoon and pointy ears like a raccoon, but a sweet panda face. He just kept walking around his little enclosure, so we got a great look at him. We also got a sneak peek at one of the new California Condors in the new exhibit that isn't officially opened yet!
This morning, before we left, I asked the girls what they wanted to see the most. Lizzie wanted to see the giraffes and Miriam wanted to see the elephants and I wanted to see the penguins swimming around. We were lucky enough to see all those and more!
Here's Mimi and her elephant:

But Lizzie's elephant picture turned out better:

Here's Lizzie and her giraffe:

But I like this one with both girls better:

And here's my picture with the sleeping penguin: (Don't worry I saw some swimming ones too.)

And here's what Rachel did the whole time: She was such a good girl!!!

Also, get a good look at these curls now because they're being cut next week. I really hate to do it, but her hair is SO long now (especially when it's wet). I know they'll be gone when I cut them, but the time has come. So I took a picture today (in case I forget before her hair cut). This child has never had a hair cut before, but I think she's excited.
6 comments:
What a very fun thing to do on your day off!! Yea that you call got to see the animals you wanted too. Sad to look Mimi's curls, but I can see why you want to cut it. She truly is such a beauty!! All your girls are so cute :) You are giving me hope for going to bigger places, by myself, with all 3 kids. I really want to face Disneyland in a couple months. Or maybe like September - December once it is less crowded again. Do you think I will be able to do it? We shall see. But, you are definatly giving me hope!
Looks like soo much fun!! I love Lizzie with her new hair and cant wait to see Mimi's new hair. It will be weird to see her without curls. Anyway looks like a lot of fun! :) I cant wait for you guys to come down next week! i love you!
You zoo does look fabulous! Ours is kind of a drive and seems to be pretty crowded most of the time. I am still planning on taking Weston before the weather gets too hot. I cannot get over how grown up Lizzie looks with her bangs pulled back. I'm glad that you thought to take a picture of Mimi's curls too. I still like the picture of my long curls before they got chopped. I'm sure she is going to look adorable post haircut. How fun! I can't wait to see the after pictures. Have a great Easter weekend! Love you!
Cute pics, oh and I saw Dr. Magleby. He even invited Ben out to lunch with all the other poli sci grad students. I think Dr. Patterson was there too, but I didn't see him.
Yea for the Santa Barbara Zoo! We took they boys there back in 2006. My favorite pic was Nathan, Jonathan, and I sitting on a rock in front of the lions and a big lion was lying right next to the glass. We also got to feed the giraffes which was kind of a wild experience. That's so cool that you get to do so many fun things with the kids!
How short are you cutting mimi's hair?!!!!! Leave it long! :( I'm glad you all had a great time at the zooooooo!
Post a Comment