Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring Break: Day 9

Friday morning we headed down to my folks' house for the weekend. The original plan was to go to the Aquarium of the Pacific, but it was closed for the Long Beach Grand Prix. Bummer. As I was checking out other fun places, I found the Discovery Zone in Santa Ana had a "Magic School Bus" exhibit!!! Lizzie LOVES the Magic School Bus books right now and I was thrilled to be able to take her to this exhibit.

There was so much to see and do throughout the whole museum. I have a ton of pictures, so I tried to condense them down a little bit. If you click on the picture, you should be able to see it bigger.

They thought it was so fun to drive the bus. Lizzie also loved looking through Ms. Frizzle's desk and cupboards.
Mom and Julianna were brave enough to try the bed of nails!!
We all pressed our faces into the wall of pins, but Jules wins: Best Impression!!!
There were also some fun bubble exhibits. We had to remind them to "Blow, don't suck!!"
You can pump the heart of this giant dinosaur and watch the "blood" (red balls) flow through the tubes. You can also see the food go through his system (green balls) and don't forget his waste (black balls) that go down the tube in the back!
There are never enough pictures of this girl. :)

2 comments:

The Curnow Family said...

That place is so cool!! Looks like tons of fun!!

Olson Family said...

hahaha you cant even see all of my "imprint" hahaha that was toooo funny! i had so much fun there with your girls! and and you and jim too! ;)