Monday and Tuesday we had to take care of some regular errands. Monday was Costco and some laundry. Costco has to be one of my favorite "errands" though. First of all, all my kids fit in the cart, so they are contained. This makes any errand manageable. Secondly, it ALWAYS involves food. We either eat lunch there or take it home. I can feed all four of us for under $5! Lizzie enjoys a hot dog and the girls share that drink. Miriam and I split a large slice of pizza and Rachel gets the crust. With another drink for me, my total is around $4.60. That is awesome. Sometimes we splurge and share a churro too. I'm sad for the day when Rachel will need her own food and it will put me over that $5 limit.
Tuesday was library day. We so love our little Port Hueneme library. All the girls enjoy storytime there. Since it is National Library week, we also got stickers and bookmarks! After the library we headed off to the grocery store. I had my list and my coupons ready. I have also joined the coupon craze these days and try to plan my shopping trips better. This week I saved 42% on my groceries and only bought three items for full price (I needed the onion). Dinner always goes better when I plan for it (gee, what a crazy concept) and shopping the circular and coupons works well with that.
That afternoon we enjoyed a movie and some quiet time. Then I got to go out to our RS social in the evening, which was a lot of fun and really nicely done. But enough with the down time, I've got big plans for the coming days, so stay tuned for more Spring Break fun!!!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You have been such a busy girl! I guess that's the only way to stay sane when your kid has an almost 2 week Spring break, right? I can't wait to hear about more of your adventures! :)
By the time Rachel will need real food at Costco, Lizzie will be in school and you'll still only be feeding three of you!! School. . . it's a great concept for a lot of things. But you'll have to read Pamela Ankeny's blog about Brayden and dealing with homework. Poor thing, he's still fun!!
Post a Comment