Monday, January 11, 2010

Primary P.J.'S. Party

On Saturday, we had our first primary activity of the year. We wanted to introduce the theme, which is "I Know My Savior Lives." So we decided to give them the tools to help them grow and strengthen their testimonies. The kids all came in their PJs and looked super cute. Our primary president gave a little talk about testimonies and how she gained her testimony of the Savior and the gospel.
Then we split them into three groups to work on their projects. At one station, they decorated a prayer rock to help them remember their prayers. At another station, they got to stamp a beautiful new journal that we bought for them. Then at the last station, they made a key ring with a set of the scriptures we will be studying through the year. Prayer. Journal. Scriptures. Finally, we came back together and sang through the new song for this year and then we ate donuts and chocolate milk. Yum!
The kids had such a good time. They were so excited to take home their prayer rocks the next day after primary too. My girls said their prayers last night and put it by their bed to remember to say them in the morning too. We had a great turn-out for the activity and hopefully the kids will feel the Spirit this year and strengthen their testimonies.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

You are so fun! Looks like the activity was a success! I love that last picture of Mimi and her buddy. So cute. I hope that our primary actually does activities this year. We shall see. Anyway, I bet you're glad that it's done. Now time to be the good example. :)

Tasha said...

What a great activity! Sounded perfect to me. I like good activities. This years theme is Primary is going to be so good.

Mom said...

Prayer, journal, scriptures. . . Joy you are a genius!!! Your activity looked so successful. Congrats on a job well done. It's always great to feel that sense of accomplishment when it's over!! Go you!!

P.S. The girls are pretty cute in there too!

John and Laura said...

Wow! What great ideas. We are having ours next week. I hope it's okay if we steal an idea from yours... or two. :) Thanks.

The Curnow Family said...

Look at those cute little PJ's! I love Seeing Mimi and her friend hugging! She's getting so grown up!