Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring Break: Day 12 & 13

Monday we had a slow morning, recovering from our long and fun weekend. I worked on laundry and putting our house back together. In the afternoon we ran a quick errand for some craft materials. Then we were invited to go swimming with the Springers. (Their pool is heated.) So we spent a fun afternoon cooling off and having fun in the pool. Lizzie and Mimi did great in their floaties all on their own in the pool. I'm looking forward to them doing swimming lessons to see if they can go on their own this summer. Rachel had a great time splashing and kicking all through her normal naptime. Again, my camera was in the mail, so I don't have any cute pool pictures.

Today we did storytime, a Tuesday tradition. After lunch, I tried to go to the mall to pick up Rachel's pictures. Half way there, I realized that in my bustle to get four of us in the car, I had left the receipt at home. Grrrrr!!! I was rather annoyed with myself. So we turned around and went home. Since I was watching some Springers in the afternoon, we didn't have time to go back. Next time I will put it in my purse!!!

******

Well, I survived Lizzie's spring break. As I write this, Lizzie is heading off to bed and Miriam is already sound asleep. Since she's been telling me that she goes back to school on Wednesday, I'm assuming that Lizzie is excited to go. But it has been a great two weeks. It makes me super excited for a summer of family fun!!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You made it! You also made it great. You guys did so much fun stuff! I am so impressed. Good luck settling back into your routine. Also, I can't wait to see the pics from the weekend!

Tasha said...

Wow, you are such a fun Mom!!! You did fun things the whole spring break!!! GO YOU! I dont' know that I would be so much fun if Tanner had a spring break. Loved seeing/reading all about yours though :)